Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
It was busy yesterday especially as there were some flight delays but there were two people constantly clearing away plates and glasses. I thought it was much better than the BA lounges at T5 in that regard. Also a wider selection of food and drink. Only negative for me was that the lounge was very warm.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was just in th BCN lounge. The underused area to the right hand side as you enter (not sure what it used to be, recently it’s been a sort of overflow area) is currently behind hoardings. The lounge staff told me it’s being refurbished and properly integrated into the lounge to provide more seating, which is good news!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AA PPro
Was in the post passport control T1 lounge from about 5pm to 6.30pm a few days ago, prior to a BA flight. The food was far below the standard reported in Oct by some. See pics below. Ambiance and seating was nice enough.

Last edited by zoombee; Jan 6, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:54 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
When I saw the title the words that sprang to mind was "that waste of space". Frankly I have always been unimpressed by the food, and the drinks are also ran. That said, it has improved from what it was.

I am fortunate as I am free of the highly contagious Loungeitis which seems to afflict some. I'm happy to make do knowing that compared with the rest, I'm fortunate to be in one. As someone posted, Catalunia International Airport is dominated by Vueling. Since this is, like most low-cost airlines, a choice of those who just want to get somewhere rather than concern themselves about which brand of Scotch or Champagne is served, then Lounges are superfluous.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by zoombee
Was in the post passport control T1 lounge from about 5pm to 6.30pm a few days ago, prior to a BA flight. The food was far below the standard reported in Oct by some. See pics below. Ambiance and seating was nice enough.

I think you must have just missed out on the hot dinner, which I think is put out at around 7pm. However I have also noticed that the copious salads, pasta etc which used to be available all of the time now seem to be much reduced / gone. It’s all a bit random. They do have new and much better coffee machines though. Occasionally ice and glasses are also available for those who’d like a drink.

The whole lounge is about to get a big makeover so let’s see how things are after that.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I was in there last week and it was abouy 60%-70% full. However, finding a seat at first meant navigating to find somewhere without a giant pile of half-eaten food next to it. They did not seem to be able to keep up with cleaning. Food and drink was fine for a snack, didn't eat much more than a bit of jamón because I was going to eat on board anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:11 pm

Lounge refurbishment

So, the lesser-used part of the lounge to the right of reception is still behind hoardings. The pic attached (sorry for the poor quality, I was in a bit of a rush) shows the eventual layout. The lounge staff said that only the currently-closed part of the lounge is being refitted (completion by February) but if I understand it correctly the diagram suggests that the whole place is going to be reconfigured with a new catering area and toilets. Let’s see... I’m hoping for something like the setup of the Aena lounge in Madrid which is pretty nice. Let’s hope they increase the staffing level too - as noted above the place is often a mess.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Quick update on this - there's still hoarding there when you first go down the escalators, but the rest of the lounge is fine (at 7:30pm on a Saturday evening). Hot food appeared around 7:30, along with some cheese, jamon, salady stuff, gazpacho etc, as noted above. Good range of free-pour wines (including 3 types of cava), fridgeful of beers and soft drinks. As CWS noted, the sofas are "soft", but actually quite comfortable even if they look rather worn.

I'd go as far as to say this is the best non-airline lounge that I've found in continental Europe, unless anyone wants to challenge that...?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:19 am

A further quick update on this - the refurbished part of the lounge (the section below the reception area on the plan above) is now open and the rest of the lounge is now behind hoardings for refurbishment with a temporary-looking reception desk between the two.It was busy so I didn't take any photos, but I was impressed with the finsih - it's bright and airy and the bathrooms in particular are a massive improvement on what was there before (although I question the use of what looks like textured wallpaper behind the toilet bowls - that's not going to be easy to keep clean!). The open section has a catering area, bathrooms with showers, a 'silence room', spa, cafe-style tables and general soft seating. It looks like the section now under renovation has a second catering area, second set of bathrooms, more seating and a family area. It's a big space and I think it'll be a very impressive facility when it's all done. Catering seems to be the same as before although I was in there too early for the hot dinner buffet so didn't see that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.