FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BCN Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1811108-bcn-lounge.html)

pa31pilot Dec 27, 2016 8:15 am

BCN Lounge

Hi guys, anyone with up to date info?
is there a lounge at BCN for CE pax?
been caught out by BA misinformation at OPO before where there in nothing in spite of advertised facilities.

cheers

robertf999 Dec 27, 2016 8:17 am

Yes, there's an IB lounge.

Lolbert Dec 27, 2016 8:18 am

There's a third party lounge that BA uses. It's after passport control and down the escalator. Not great but better than nothing. If you want to go to the shops do that first.

Lolbert Dec 27, 2016 8:18 am

Originally Posted by robertf999 (Post 27666814)
Yes, there's an IB lounge.

No there isn't!

orbitmic Dec 27, 2016 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert (Post 27666821)
No there isn't!

Indeed, IB use the AENA lounges, although some, like the Puente Aereo one are quasi-IB in practice.

Lolbert Dec 27, 2016 8:25 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27666845)
Indeed, IB use the AENA lounges, although some, like the Puente Aereo one are quasi-IB in practice.

Apparently Barcelona airport doesn't allow branded airline lounges

orbitmic Dec 27, 2016 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert (Post 27666855)

I believe that's right (quite a few airports do the same, typically when they do not have enough room to allow every airline which wishes to have their lounge they impose airport lounges instead).

corporate-wage-slave Dec 27, 2016 8:45 am

Originally Posted by pa31pilot (Post 27666804)
Hi guys, anyone with up to date info?
is there a lounge at BCN for CE pax?
been caught out by BA misinformation at OPO before where there in nothing in spite of advertised facilities.

cheers

The Joan Miró lounge is just after the first duty free shop which you have to walk through after passport control (or if connecting airside, coming up the escalator after security). Once you have cleared that shop there is a more conventional open area with shops either side, and then a set of steps down to the lounge level and entry to the AENA lounge. There is also a lift just before this area. This is open to Club Europe, plus BAEC Silver and Gold members and a guest on BA flights, but not Vueling. Many sofas there are in the MUC and former ATH category. There is a side area to the right of reception which is often empty. The sofas are no better but some have good power point access.

Generally speaking for this sort of question you best go to the Dashboard and look at the lounge threads there. I keep it up to date on my peregrinations, and it's probably the most reliable source out there now. BA staff use it too.

pa31pilot Dec 27, 2016 11:17 am

thanks guys. Found it eventually. Here now with the large g and t waiting for delayed flight

TPJ Dec 27, 2016 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Lolbert (Post 27666855)

I have to respectfully disagree. Spanair used to have a lounge there

The ex-Spanair lounge space is still empty and readily available. The issue is that Vueling - now a dominant carrier in BCN - does not need a lounge (being a budget airline).

TheFlyingCyclist Oct 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Barcelona Lounge has had a serious upgrade! Really nice chicken casserole, great selection of salads, pizza, noodles, soup, gazpacho, nice ham and cheese, good pudding pots. Very impressed.

BAGoldBoy Oct 14, 2018 3:59 pm

We were there today and although busy was a nice lounge. Lunch selection was very good. Lots of wines, a few spirits but no sherry!

Couldnt see BA on the list of airlines outside the lounge but maybe just an oversight. Good to have somewhere to wait for delayed flight to LGW.

ThatT1Feeling Oct 15, 2018 5:36 am

Was there on Thursday morning and it was totally rammed. The good side to all of this was that I found the "Meeting Room" which was completely empty and I worked happily in there for an hour before I had to leave for my flight. I am not sure whether I should have booked the Meeting Room but it was a complete haven...I'd recommend that you at least get your laptop out when you're in there though, to appear to be working :)

TheFlyingCyclist Oct 15, 2018 5:40 am

The day bed area is also a nice little hidey-hole for a snooze whilst waiting for a very late flight home...

volar Oct 15, 2018 6:03 am

I agree the food offering is much improved there these days, however the lounge in general tends to be packed and chaotic (dirty plates everywhere, no glasses left etc) - or perhaps I've just been unlucky. They could make better use of the space to the right of reception with more seating, and also the place needs more power sockets. I'm hoping that at some point it's updated to the standard of the AENA lounge in Madrid T4 which is significantly nicer.