Wiki Posts
Search

Checking in a large board

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Checking in a large board

I am travelling back to Sweden on Friday evening but want to take with me some wooden boards. The largest is around 95cm by 40cm.

If I put them in a cardboard box that was packaged properly could I check them in? I.e a flat screen TV box or similar?

I will be flying CE LHR-ARN.

Any help is much appreciated.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
I am travelling back to Sweden on Friday evening but want to take with me some wooden boards. The largest is around 95cm by 40cm.

If I put them in a cardboard box that was packaged properly could I check them in? I.e a flat screen TV box or similar?

It is slightly over the allowable dimensions, but you might be OK. Have a back up plan in case you can't.

From BA.com: http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...age-allowances

A checked bag can be up to 90 x 75 x 43cm (35.5 x 29.5 x 16in), including any bits that stick out, like the handle, pockets and wheels.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK

You will be fine.
Once you've clicked on http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...age-allowances
Scroll down to 'Increasing your checked baggage allowance' and expand (show +) details
The third bullet point states: You can take larger items of up to 190 x 75 x 65cm (75 x 29.5 x 25.5in) for an additional charge. (Currently, we waive this charge so you do not pay it.)
Just make sure you do not exceed the number of allowable checked items and that each item weighs less than 32kg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.