Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

This fare is valid for a specified account code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:10 am
DVT
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

Found a nice looking WTP fare on ITAMatrix: "British Airways (BA) QLX4S4T1 JER to CUN"

£167 fare component each way, for a total of £581 with taxes etc.

However the fare rules start with:

VALID FOR ADULT. THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED
ACCOUNT CODE. CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS.
OR - FOR ADULT. THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED ACCOUNT
CODE. CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS.
OR - FOR ADULT.
I've not seen this before - does it have a practical effect on booking or anything?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Matrix found it then it would be a public fare. I think the final "OR - FOR ADULT." makes it public. Let us know how you go.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I suspect this is a Q fare with upgrade (i.e., you pay a set premium over the WT Q fare and it needs Q and T bucket availability to be sold) and the 'account code' is BA's way of making sure that it's only offered through BA and not through any TAs.

This also means that you can't use a GUF voucher with it unless there's avios availability.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:55 am

Yes so one of the new fares discussed in some other threads that are only available on BA.com?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it looks like a Dual Inventory fare. You can tell when booking online, the fare will show as T on the WTP sector. In this case it looks like L class base booking, and T being made available for a 200€ supplement rather than the usual fare. K needs to be available regardless, in order for it to be offered when bookings are slack, and the L sector will end up in K after booking. It's a Private Fare so access to it is limited to channels such as BA.com, and may not show on third party search engines.

I'll do a thread on this when I get a moment.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It's probably a Dual Inventory fare, but not displayed properly - they look like NHE4AP/DIF4. At least what Matrix shows is not the DIF fare, though if it says it is in WT+ it has found the DIF fare. Did you cut off the part of the fare after the / ?

There are two fares like this:

QLX4S4T1BAQ for 230.00(USD) and QLX4S4T1/DIF4BAT for 417.00(USD) (including carrier surchage, excluding passenger taxes and airport charges).

The first books into Q and sits in World Traveller and only requires inventory in Q.

The second books into class T and sits in World Traveller Plys, but needs inventory in Q and T.

The "valid for specified account" means that it can only be sold by some accounts, in this case the internal BA online account. So you can't buy this from another travel agent.

Last edited by flatlander; Dec 20, 2016 at 4:12 am Reason: Updates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.