Wiki Posts
Search

Refund for Seat Reservation after AUP?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Refund for Seat Reservation after AUP?

We were flying from SJC to LHR in cw and at the airport I asked if there was an upgrade available. They thought there might be 2 in first (turned out to be only 1 because of a broken foot stool on the 2nd one) so I bought it for $1000. The agents on the ground said the CSM would be able to possibly work something out on board -- which as a side issue turned out to be complete false.

Since I had paid to reserve our seats in CW but I didn't actually use my seat due to the paid upgrade to first, can I claim back that seat reservation fee?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to everyone here as I would never have known to ask for possible upgrades at the airport if it weren't for all the contributors here. Hopefully next time we both will be able to go up.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Yes you can, I have done this before.

See the refund section on the page below. A call or message to customer service should fix it.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...es-and-refunds
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by JayeJ
We were flying from SJC to LHR in cw and at the airport I asked if there was an upgrade available. They thought there might be 2 in first (turned out to be only 1 because of a broken foot stool on the 2nd one) so I bought it for $1000. The agents on the ground said the CSM would be able to possibly work something out on board -- which as a side issue turned out to be complete false.

Since I had paid to reserve our seats in CW but I didn't actually use my seat due to the paid upgrade to first, can I claim back that seat reservation fee?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to everyone here as I would never have known to ask for possible upgrades at the airport if it weren't for all the contributors here. Hopefully next time we both will be able to go up.
Nice one. Are you still blue after flying F???
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Nice one. Are you still blue after flying F???
I imagine so because the cw section was a reward flight.

I was thinking that $1000 for first was a bargain... don't tell me if I grossly overpaid!

Thank you, Dave NCL.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If you're UK based and so is your money - I think you grossly overpaid !! If US then it's about the same as it's always been going CW->F
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
If you paid to upgrade from redemption CW to F... Im curious how this works... does it then become a revenue ticket that earns TPs & miles...? I didn't even think you could do it, an Avios upgrade yes, but cash after a redemption... can someone elaborate on this rather rare process?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by CommanderB
If you paid to upgrade from redemption CW to F... Im curious how this works... does it then become a revenue ticket that earns TPs & miles...? I didn't even think you could do it, an Avios upgrade yes, but cash after a redemption... can someone elaborate on this rather rare process?
No. Cash after redemption earns neither TPs nor Avios. It's the basis of the underlying fare that determines eligibility for both.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If you're UK based and so is your money - I think you grossly overpaid !! If US then it's about the same as it's always been going CW->F
I'm from the US, as is my money... I feel like I should buy pounds now to lay down for future trips, since the rate seems to be slowly climbing.

Thanks for the clarification, windowontheaisle. I was wondering about the possibility of earning avios, and now I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.