Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA F Lounge T3 Cheapness

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:34 am
Original Poster

BA F Lounge T3 Cheapness

BA cheapness stoops to a new level. Was in the T3 First Galleries lounge the other day - grabbed four of their tiny 150ml Coke cans for myself and a travelling companion to drink in the Al La Carte dining room. Lounge dragon stops me and says I can only take two max per person, due to a "new BA policy." Was so pissed off, I then decided to test how many I could take and to see what would happen if I took a lot (not that it should of mattered, but I was a revenue J BA passenger OWE). I took two, sent my friend to take two, and repeated a few times over the course of an hour so. Every time I took it, I was stared at by the same dragon. In the end, we had about 10 cans each which I happily drunk at my destination. Screw you BA and your cheapness. On the returning flight, the CX lounge was open (opening day!) and I was welcomed with open arms to a FAR superior experience. BA slowly going down the toilet and turning into a low cost airline.

Last edited by kreuky; Dec 5, 2016 at 10:51 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Poor, but still far superior to the AA model in the US with one voucher for a small bottle of water or a tepid glass of wine and no food at all !
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Déjà vu?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...eabag-sir.html

They'll be weighing the plates of food next.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
To be fair, one person taking 4 cans does look a bit excessive.

On the other hand simply saying 'oh its for me and my friend over there' would have explained. As you have done in your post.

But no, why not get affronted. Clear the fridge of coke while smirking at the member of staff (who's simply doing as they were told), then start (yet another) thread about how mean BA are.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Poor, but still far superior to the AA model in the US with one voucher for a small bottle of water or a tepid glass of wine and no food at all !
Their Flagship lounges which OWE haves access have free drinks and food (albeit only slightly worse than BA). Of course that's changing..but BA is also changing for the worse.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukgooner

On the other hand simply saying 'oh its for me and my friend over there' would have explained. As you have done in your post.

But no, why not get affronted. Clear the fridge of coke while smirking at the member of staff (who's simply doing as they were told), then start (yet another) thread about how mean BA are.
That's exactly what I said, but to no avail. Taking four standard 330ml cans would be excessive, but I don't think four 150ml cans of which I can drink one can in one gulp is excessive. I was just shocked about being accosted like that (and rudely, might I add) in a F lounge. Never happened anywhere before. I will never go back now that the CX lounge is open. If they didn't want to start accosting people and still be cheap, put a sign up.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by ukgooner
If you take 'normal' cans, maybe. Those stupid small cans are a pain.

Is this possibly in lieu of the new BoB service? Prevent people from stacking up on stuff in the lounge?

In any case: bad move.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by kreuky
In the end, we had about 10 cans each which I happily drunk at my destination.

This is probably the reason for the 'crackdown'. Had you poured the drink into a glass on the spot, I bet they wouldn't have cared how many cans you poured into a glass or 10.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
This is probably the reason for the 'crackdown'. Had you poured the drink into a glass on the spot, I bet they wouldn't have cared how many cans you poured into a glass or 10.
Yes I think its BOB training.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by kreuky
Their Flagship lounges which OWE haves access have free drinks and food (albeit only slightly worse than BA). Of course that's changing..but BA is also changing for the worse.
AA is changing, and you may be a little disappointed when you enter the Flagship Lounges of the future and find the food offering greatly reduced unless you are flying international or transcon on a Flagship service flight.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I find the Flagship food at AA hubs in the US good. The beef rib in the JFK flagship lounge was excellent recently, better than anything on offer in GF at BA's main hub.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
They need to start the crackdown now to prevent buggers like me who will take drink 2x cans in the lounge, then take 2x cans for the flight starting in January so I don't have to BoB.

Last edited by YacozA; Dec 5, 2016 at 1:10 pm Reason: I sweat I can write english
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by gcuk
I find the Flagship food at AA hubs in the US good. The beef rib in the JFK flagship lounge was excellent recently, better than anything on offer in GF at BA's main hub.
Enjoy it while it lasts then
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, Delta Nothing, HHonors Diamond, IAG Gold Ambassador, Ritz Silver, SPG Gold
How very, very said. I would have demanded to see a supervisor. Every instance like this should lead to an unpleasant confrontation for the staff member, fully understanding they are being instructed to behave like this, in the hope that eventually THEY will demand management not put them in this position.

So glad the CX lounge is open again. I'm only using BA for London and back from Europe on CE RFS now, but won't drop below Gold until mid-2018 and rack up lots of Avios on credit cards, so will be visiting T3 with some frequency still.

It's a real pity though. From my home airport I can get flexible AF Premiere for under £3500 return to the East coast of the US. The contrast is really laughable thinking about how they can't stuff one with enough Alain Ducasse foie gras and fillet beef and £100 Champagne in their F lounge.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Visited CX F Lounge before BA085 yesterday. I suspect I have seen my last of the T3 Flounge unless there is substantial change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.