Search

Bassinet Britax Seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Bassinet Britax Seats

Morning All,

After somewhat of a lengthy break from long-haul (new job/mortgage/baby), we're finally back off to the US next Monday with 1 year old in tow. Booked in Feb and have had the bassinet seats booked ever since. BA site seems to imply there is a limited supply of the Britax seats and they are allocated FCFS. Does anybody know at which point they are allocated - check-in, gate, onboard? I'll certainly be wanting to expedite my arrival at the relevant location to ensure we don't have her crawling all over us to/from DEN.

If it makes any difference we're back where we belong in Y. Really wished we'd saved some of those Avios as the centre seats in CW look ideal for travelling with infants!

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:50 am

Onboard - ask the second you get to your seat.

It'll probably be fine - but it depends on the number of infants on the plane.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Dave Z
Morning All,

After somewhat of a lengthy break from long-haul (new job/mortgage/baby), we're finally back off to the US next Monday with 1 year old in tow. Booked in Feb and have had the bassinet seats booked ever since. BA site seems to imply there is a limited supply of the Britax seats and they are allocated FCFS. Does anybody know at which point they are allocated - check-in, gate, onboard? I'll certainly be wanting to expedite my arrival at the relevant location to ensure we don't have her crawling all over us to/from DEN.

If it makes any difference we're back where we belong in Y. Really wished we'd saved some of those Avios as the centre seats in CW look ideal for travelling with infants!

Thanks
Which aircraft type are you flying on?

And yes, you need to ask as soon as you board, which of course you will be able to do first with the infant/children boarding call, so speak to the crew member working in your cabin.

And, hello from just up the A6... ^
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Which aircraft type are you flying on?

And yes, you need to ask as soon as you board, which of course you will be able to do first with the infant/children boarding call, so speak to the crew member working in your cabin.

And, hello from just up the A6... ^
Thanks both. That is reassuring to know. It is a 744 on DEN duty these days.

BBB, how far up the A6 are you? Must be a bit of a commute if you're still with BA. That said, I've seen VS and other airline staff at the station waiting for a train to London before.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Dave Z
Thanks both. That is reassuring to know. It is a 744 on DEN duty these days.

BBB, how far up the A6 are you? Must be a bit of a commute if you're still with BA. That said, I've seen VS and other airline staff at the station waiting for a train to London before.
On the 744, if you are in the second cabin, bulkhead that is by the galley, there will be crew milling around the galley when you board, so speak to them then, if you are by the middle doors, there will be a crew member by those doors too, so just make sure you tell one of them you want the seat. I think, off the top of my head, there should be 3 in the WT cabin stowages.

Sorry, wrong way round, I am down he A6, not up, all be it only 4 miles away from MH. Three Swans in my local in MH.. I won't say which actual town I live in, but 4 miles away, over the border into Northants and that alone made buying an actual house with gardens and garage affordable... Would have been another £50k to live where you are!

And, I have just left BA, so no more commute... Praise the lord!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think on the B744 we have 8 seats and 2 cots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.