Search

ATL Lounge - The Club?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
ATL Lounge - The Club?

Hi all,
Flying back from ATL on Tuesday evening and I figure ill be done in meetings from early afternoon. Usually I would head to the lounge and relax\work\drink from there but the BA lounge at ATL looks less than appealing and isn't a BA lounge.

Are there any other options for a better lounge at ATL if I have hours to spare? If so or not what are the opening hours of the lounge\ BA lounge?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:16 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
If you are checking luggage this is usually only open 3 hours before the flight, so may not be worth going any earlier.

The http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-america.html can be found in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html sticky.

There is also an Admirals Club: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
FWIW I rather liked The Club at ATL. It's miles ahead of Admirals Club in F&B with a variety of foods set out, and premium alcohols are complimentary. Only complaint would be the crowding.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I agree. My last BA flight out of ATL was August 2016 and the lounge was pretty good.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
MCO

Hi,
I had the pleasure to experience The Club at MCO 2 weeks ago and it knocked spots off most USA lounge offerings, especially with food, hot and cold. Service was extremely good as well, especially the barman!! I am guessing that the one at ATL is run by the same organisation as the naming convention is the same so I do not think you will be disappointed.
Cheers
Steve
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've visited both ATL and MCO clubs this year. ATL was really quite good. Friendly bar man and enough food to load me up so I could kick back on the plane and sleep instead of eat. Handy as we were 90mins late.

Toilets were noticeably clean and nice too.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Ive not been to ATL since the club opened, But knowing the old GC and GF, I cant imagine its a negative step!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I agree that the Club at ATL is pretty good - especially for US standards. You might want to pop over to a good restaurant called Ecco, the airport version of a popular ATL location. decent wine and even better pizzas - if nothing else, good for a change of scenery
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Justonemore
You might want to pop over to a good restaurant called Ecco, the airport version of a popular ATL location.
Or One Flew South? I hear it's very well regarded.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Looking at recent reviews it is not a very good lounge - maybe gone down hill?

Flying First, but guess we will not have a good experience pre-flight?

Any recent visitors.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
I visited a few months ago, not a very good lounge and very overcrowded at the time of the BA flight. We ended up going to a nearby restaurant, I think it was called Echo, the food drink and service there were pretty good.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Looking at recent reviews it is not a very good lounge - maybe gone down hill?

Flying First, but guess we will not have a good experience pre-flight?

Any recent visitors.
I am there next week. When are you traveling? I will provide an update.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:04 am

We flew back from ATL in May and the F section of The Club was busy but we got seated ok. Reasonable selection of food and good waiter service for drinks. They were also proactive at throwing out people who tried to creep into the F section that shouldn’t have been there.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Soupey202
the F section of The Club .
I must have completely missed this! Was there in May in F, and I did (too late to get a seat) see the BA section just to the left of the lounge entry, on wandering through I didn't notice a specific F section at all. The BA bit seemed pretty basic, so I wasn't that bothered, and ended up wandering about for half an hour, which made a change! but now I wonder whether I was even in the right lounge?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:28 pm

I'm here at the moment and I have to confess it's worse than I remember. It's not helped by the fact that there's a guy sleeping sprawled out on the floor bare foot and snoring next to the window.

I had remembered - possibly incorrectly - that there was a dedicated F section. It's no longer that. It's now a J and F section for the airlines that share the lounge (see photo showing access rules) although there's no one policing the entrance so who knows.

The food is ok with light snacks and soup. The wraps were quite nice. Seating is limited given that it's available for the J&F sections for BA, LH, QR and TK. It's a bit grim but ok.

Oh and much like at LHR, the WiFi inside the lounge (ClubAtAtl) is very poor compared to the free airport WiFi (ATL Free WiFi).

Last edited by golfmad; Jul 28, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.