Wiki Posts
Search

RFS and Revenue Ticket on 1 PNR?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
RFS and Revenue Ticket on 1 PNR?

I have 2 kids and was looking to take them ABZ-LHR and use 2 RFS for myself and the other half, then pay for 2 tickets for the kids due to reduced amount of taxes for them.

Is it possible to do this online or via the phone on one ticket?

I'm a lowly Blue for reference.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
What you want to do (combining revenue and award seats in one booking) is not possible regardless of status.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Andriyko
What you want to do (combining revenue and award seats in one booking) is not possible regardless of status.
+1. It is not possible to book this on one PNR regardless of status (or for that matter airline: none in the world makes this possible that I am aware of).

That said, nothing prevents you from booking two tickets one for two pax using the RFS and one for the other two using a paid ticket, and you can call BA and ask them to "TCP" the bookings, which people often refer to as "linking" bookings but which merely results in inserting a manual note that the two bookings are related. Any agent pulling one of the bookings will see the note, although it effectively amounts to very little and any automatic process (e.g. for the random seat assignments on HBO, for rerouting in case of IRROPs, etc) will miss it.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks Andriyko and orbitmic. I thought that was the case, main reason of asking was for the seat assignment due to only being blue and hoping we would be allocated seats together around the +72 hour mark.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
How old are the children? If they are under 12 you won't be able to make a booking on their own - there has to be an adult in the booking.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by srbrenna
How old are the children? If they are under 12 you won't be able to make a booking on their own - there has to be an adult in the booking.
On the phone it's fine as long as you can link to an existing booking with an adult.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks srbrenna and rather_be_on_a_griffin, I hadn't thought of that. Both are under 12 so would have to book the 2 x RFS, then phone up.

To be honest, for the saving, may just end up either booking 4 x RFS or paying for them to save the hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.