Search

T2 to T5 transfers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
T2 to T5 transfers

Hi,

We're flying into T2 on BA5952 at 8.05am on Friday and connecting onto BA173 from T5 at 11.20am (in F). We're both hand luggage only, so I was wondering if it was quicker to take the bus transfer between the terminals and re-clear security that way, or exit T2 and take the tube/HEX to T5 and then clear security?

Any words of wisdom, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by scmd76; Oct 25, 2016 at 7:34 am
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:32 am

For anyone else wondering when BA started flying into T2, 5952 is a codeshare on Aer Lingus from Dublin.

I can't say definitively which will be quicker, but the bus will almost certainly involve less walking -- T2 to HEX (or tube) is a fair trek.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
As that must be an Aer Lingus flight you'll be in economy as unless things have changed in the last couple of months they don't operate a business cabin.

Personally I'd still take the transfer bus, it's a bit of a walk to the tube from T2 and even further to the HEX.

If you do decide to venture landside the tube is more frequent than the HEX (as well as nearer to T2) but the tube is only free if you have a contactless payment card or Oyster (as it needs to operate the barriers). So if you have this then I'd take the tube over the HEX.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by scmd76
We're flying into T2 on BA5952 (in CE) at 8.05am on Friday and connecting onto BA173 from T5 at 11.20am (in F). We're both hand luggage only, so I was wondering if it was quicker to take the bus transfer between the terminals and re-clear security that way, or exit T2 and take the tube/HEX to T5 and then clear security?
Unless you are a smoker, it's best to go airside by quite some margin, so taking the bus to T5 from Flight Connections T2. Airside the bus will take 10 minutes and the service interval is 6 minutes. Landside will take a good 20 minutes longer. This is an Aer Lingus flight (it won't have CE / business class). If you have able to use the e-gates at T5 there may be a case for going landside at T5 then up to departures via the Orange lift and on to Fast Track there, the reason being that Flight Connection security peaks at that time and it should be quicker that way. If you don't have e-gate access then I would stick with Flight Connections.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks very much for the advice. Apologies too, I got my flights confused - we're flying out to Dublin in CE and you're right it's an Aer Lingus codeshare back so no CE on the return leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.