Wiki Posts
Search

Change Fee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Change Fee

My ticket's conditions said "free online" but the website did not allow me to do so. (the popup said it's because of "surface sector"). Eventually I had to ring the GGL line and changed it for £70 (£60 + tax). I was told this was due to the change only, no fare difference.

Is this normal on ba.com? I don't understand why the ticket says "free online" even though it's not possible...
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Free pertains to the lack of handling charge and not to whether or not there is a change fee. GGL line will not have charged you a handling charge either as you couldn't make the change online anyway and if you had, you would have still been charged the £70 change fee.

I take it you book a short haul (European or domestic) ticket in Y, in which case £70 is the standard change fee for relatively cheap fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.