Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios Redemption LHR-LAS - F Seat Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Hi all, first post in a loooooong time.

I'm looking to book a redemption in F class to Vegas, but can't seem to find any availability at all. I've established they definitely don't release F seats the standard 354 days before that the Econ/Club are released. I called BA but all they could tell me is that they might release some at some point. i.e. couldn't tell me anything with regards to when/how many etc.

Anyone got experience or know anything further than what the BA agent told me?

Thanks in advance,
Rich
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
BA have committed only to releasing 4 seats in WT and 2 in CW at the time booking opens.

So yes the agent was correct to say that they couldn't tell you anything about F rewards!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
LAS is one route where I see very little F availability, even in comparison to SFO and LAX. It must be a good yielding F route for BA?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'd counter the above and say I've had 100% success last 2/3 years turning J into F using Avios. Twice this year. They do sporadically open up - sometimes two or three together. I've got two next month. Also, in July F opened up on both my outbound and return - but was on AA ticket and couldn't UuA
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'd counter the above and say I've had 100% success last 2/3 years turning J into F using Avios. Twice this year. They do sporadically open up - sometimes two or three together. I've got two next month. Also, in July F opened up on both my outbound and return - but was on AA ticket and couldn't UuA
Interesting data point mikeyfly I have always found it difficult, certainly planning far out. Has this been closer to departure you've found availability?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Beginning of July it was about one week out - and plentiful - August was UuA'd back in January and for this November it was around Easter. I have absolutely no idea why / how they get released when they do

I do get a bit OCD checking to be fair !
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:24 am

We were able to get 2 x F LHR-LAS for the end of April 2017 booked as soon as the flight was available 355 (?) days in advance.

At the time of booking LAS was wide open in F for several days either side of our desired travel date - was really quite surprised by this.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: BA silver
Used a 241 in First last May for beginning of April. Second time we have done this.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Save yourself from flying with the terrible people on the LON-LAS flights and fly to LAX instead. You will thank yourself.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love returning from LAS in F, it's great as a late take off and I really sleep well (esp after Vegas excess!) however it's the route where I take the least service, so probably the worst use of Avios!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Save yourself from flying with the terrible people on the LON-LAS flights and fly to LAX instead. You will thank yourself.
Haha you snob LAX in F really is hen's teeth unless using an agent & GUF2
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I've done 4 BA CW LHR-LAS flights since the route was launched, and never experienced the 'terrible people' you refer to. In fact, all been a standard (poor) BA business class flight.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:52 am

Availability was rather good for a while when they added more flights

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-las-j-f.html
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I've done 4 BA CW LHR-LAS flights since the route was launched, and never experienced the 'terrible people' you refer to. In fact, all been a standard (poor) BA business class flight.
It's a leisure flight. The LAX flight is simply much nicer.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 18, 2016 at 8:17 am Reason: Remove unfortunate descriptive language - rule 12.2
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Ive had a couple of F returns on a 241 voucher to LAS too.
I think as its a lower yielding route its not been that difficult

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.