FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

TedToToe Nov 17, 2020 8:53 am

I wonder if any of their shareholders are asking, “what took you so long?”

tjcxx Nov 17, 2020 9:32 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 32824404)
Well it seems that LH will be moving to BOB too from March 2021.

So I think it’s fair to say this is the way forward, even on premium airlines, and I’m sure BA will be looking to bring BOB back as soon as it can.

Well I read this to mean Long Haul. I'm glad I got it wrong, as that would have been a real first for BA. Long BOB. Cousin of Long Corvid.

dave31 Nov 17, 2020 9:42 am

“Our previous range of snacks in Economy Class often does not meet the expectations of our guests,” explains Christina Foerster, Executive Vice President Lufthansa Group Customer, IT & Corporate Responsibility. “The new offer was developed on the basis of our customer feedback. With the high quality offer, which is subject to a fee, our passengers will be able to decide individually what they want to eat and drink on their trip. "

I would very much like to meet some of these passengers who choose to fly economy and yet are seemingly pleading to be charged now for food and drink that was previously free. I can just imagine Mr. and Mrs Muller from Frankfurt almost begging 'oh please stop serving us free snacks and drinks onboard because really I want to start to pay for these items that were free before. I know that you will not lower the ticket price to compensate, but I am so looking forward to paying over the odds for a sandwich that now comes in a box and also for the tin of pepsi that was all free before. Happy days!'

bafan Nov 17, 2020 11:08 am

Originally Posted by dave31 (Post 32825776)

“Our previous range of snacks in Economy Class often does not meet the expectations of our guests,” explains Christina Foerster, Executive Vice President Lufthansa Group Customer, IT & Corporate Responsibility. “The new offer was developed on the basis of our customer feedback. With the high quality offer, which is subject to a fee, our passengers will be able to decide individually what they want to eat and drink on their trip. "

I would very much like to meet some of these passengers who choose to fly economy and yet are seemingly pleading to be charged now for food and drink that was previously free. I can just imagine Mr. and Mrs Muller from Frankfurt almost begging 'oh please stop serving us free snacks and drinks onboard because really I want to start to pay for these items that were free before. I know that you will not lower the ticket price to compensate, but I am so looking forward to paying over the odds for a sandwich that now comes in a box and also for the tin of pepsi that was all free before. Happy days!'

BA should sue for breach of copyright, because that LH quote looks like a direct lift from BA’s justification for BOB...

1Aturnleft Nov 17, 2020 1:51 pm

You can guarantee Lufthansa Group won't be tendering the operation out to Tourvest. Not if they want job done properly at least.

miamiflyer8 Nov 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft (Post 32826573)
You can guarantee Lufthansa Group won't be tendering the operation out to Tourvest. Not if they want job done properly at least.

Tourvest will load three sandwiches per flight. All three will sell and then Lufty can claim the program has stellar preformance!

1010101 Nov 18, 2020 3:23 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 32824404)
Well it seems that LH will be moving to BOB too from March 2021.

So I think it’s fair to say this is the way forward, even on premium airlines, and I’m sure BA will be looking to bring BOB back as soon as it can.

Good idea. Annoy what customers you have left in the middle of the biggest crisis aviation has ever seen.

13901 Nov 18, 2020 3:49 am

I'd pay good money for the ham/cheese rolls that Swiss has onboard nowadays. To use a motorsport analogy they are like Lewis Hamilton and BA's pre-Covid M&S shite was like my grandmother without her glasses at the wheel of her Twingo on a snowy evening after sunset.

Cap'n Benj Nov 18, 2020 3:58 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft (Post 32826573)

Originally Posted by People in 2017
You can guarantee Lufthansa Group won't be going to BOB and there’s no chance a real airline like QR would ever charge pax for seat reservations in business

corporate-wage-slave Nov 18, 2020 4:07 am

"Our previous range of snacks in Economy Class often does not meet the expectations of our guests,” explains Christina Foerster, Executive Vice President Lufthansa Group Customer, IT & Corporate Responsibility. “The new offer was developed on the basis of our customer feedback. With the high quality offer, which is subject to a fee, our passengers will be able to decide individually what they want to eat and drink on their trip. "

I'm sure there is a German word for this, but for those who wish to indulge in epicaricacy, here is the relevant thread on the Lufthansa forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ng-2021-a.html

wilsnunn Nov 18, 2020 4:12 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32827718)
I'm sure there is a German word for this, but for those who wish to indulge in epicaricacy

Schadenfreude

RoyalSwazi Nov 18, 2020 4:17 am

Hmmm... will Swiss have raclette or cheese fondue available?

swiss_global Nov 18, 2020 4:38 am

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi (Post 32827730)
Hmmm... will Swiss have raclette or cheese fondue available?

Based on the previous experience (Swiss had BOB around 2003/4 for a few months) it will be the Coop offering, for twice the price Coop is charging. Coop is the high quality retailer, therefore the quality of the offering was good, but the price was obviously outrageous. And ... no raclette or fondue, I'm afraid.

krispy84 Nov 18, 2020 4:46 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32827718)
I'm sure there is a German word for this, but for those who wish to indulge in epicaricacy, here is the relevant thread on the Lufthansa forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ng-2021-a.html

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 32827726)
Schadenfreude

I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help a wry smile at all the comments we’ve seen previously re. BOB. “It’s a disaster”, “passengers will refuse to fly”, “no other airline will do this” repeated ad nauseam .....

Pickash Nov 18, 2020 5:26 am

I do not see it attractive. I need the Air Asia concept in an airline in Europe. Fast, smooth, worries-free and very convenient.

So good. That would be an actual improvement and not those little steps they make just to cut costs and try to improve income.