Wiki Posts
Search

Earning SriLankan TPs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum
Earning SriLankan TPs

Hello! I have upcoming travel on SriLankan (UL). I've heard in the past that UL tier points tend not to post automatically and that it's been a hassle to manually claim them. Has anyone had positive experiences recently with UL TPs posting to their account?

Also, I have UL flights that depart on the day before my TP expiration, and I need those TPs to requalify for Gold. Will BAEC be willing to adjust my tier level after the points post?

Thank you! (and sorry for the long question!)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC 35K
I flew UL in June and TPs posted 3 days after flights without issues (2 separate occasions). In case of any problems BAEC will adjust your tier level and retroactively apply the TPs to the correct date (and collection year).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
I have flown UL several times and never had a problem with TPs being posted. I HAVE had a problem with AY posting TPs and on that occasion it was important to keep the original BPs to prove that I took the flight.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
+1. Not sure where you heard that but in my case I also didn't have any particular problem with UL TPS.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
I have flown UL three times and the points all posted automatically and within a week.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I did some UL flying in August, 4 flights, and they all posted in due course. They post on a Wednesday morning, UK time, and since I flew on a Tuesday it did take a while for them to come through, but I didn't need to chase up (though in my case it's Avios which is the focus of interest, not TPs). There were MH flights on the same ticket and the MH return flights posted well before the outward UL flights got credited, but it all worked in the end.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G)
My last flight with UL took two weeks to post (apparently they're being processed once a week), but otherwise, just fine.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Given my last few UL flights my best guess of the the formula for posting of Avios/TPs is: the Wednesday following the first midnight-Thursday after the flight. For example:

flight Sat Jul 23 (01:00 and 08:00): posted Wed Aug 3 (11 days)
flight Thu Jul 28 (23:00): posted Wed Aug 3 (6 days)
flight Fri Jul 29 (13:00): posted Wed Aug 10 (12 days)

Not many data points I know, but the Thu/Fri flights were part of the same return ticket, so the fact that the Fri flight took one week longer to appear in my account does suggest there is some hidden accounting cut-off there.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Flew once with them and had no problems posting TP's and Avios points. Could have taken up to two weeks to post.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
Flew four sectors with them in August and all TP posted correctly. For two sectors it was just a few days after and for the other two it was two weeks afterward.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:59 am

Depends who you ask, clearly!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27224491-post1.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.