Search

Can we ban the 'C' word from BAEC FT?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Its been enhanced.
The C*** who stole Xmas...

(Was supposed to say Cruz but I can think of another four letter word that I associate with him and would fit the sentence nicely...)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Originally Posted by simons1
There are plenty of good businesses around that treat customers well and make money. Really its a sad indictment of the airline industry that in this case it requires the backing of regulation to ensure travellers are not shafted.
Precisely.

Over the last decade the airline industry had plenty of opportunities to treat customers fairly, and they chose not to. So the EU were forced down the route of regulation, because the airlines refused to put their house in order.

They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I agree, the customer should always be compensated when the service provider hasn't delivered what they were contracted to do.
However....my comment was aimed at the chisellers.
Chiselling works both ways too. We laugh at the enhancements, but what are they if not Cruz chiselling?

The Vueling culture Cruz has brought with him encourages the antagonistic approach. People let things slide if they're treated with respect; they don't if they don't. And BA recently have shown that they have no respect for their customers and, what's worse, they can't even be chewed to pretend otherwise.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
When BA offers more than 5,000 Avios for a completely inoperable seat in CW, and that only after being prodded, is when pax will proactively stop asking for compensation. Until then, they're not a customer-centric business that can be trusted to do the right thing.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by V10
The problem with that was that back in the day, it *was* down to the airlines and commercial considerations took priority over passengers, with the result that passengers got shafted. Hence a need for regulation was seen and it was consequently done.

Clearly airlines don't like them - it costs them money and forces them to behave in a way that considers their customers properly in the general scheme of things, but it would be a brave government that capitulates to the airlines on this and doesn't retain some form of regulation. The notion of compensation when things go wrong is now well-rooted in the minds of customers who may remember what it used to be like.
Depends whether the governent decides it is better to be as business friendly and un-EU like as possible in order to stabilise the economy post Brexit. The public have clambered to get rid of EU regulation so they can hardly complain when regulations are removed. We have been stiffed by the railways for many years without calls for EU legislation.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
Chiselling works both ways too. We laugh at the enhancements, but what are they if not Cruz chiselling?

The Vueling culture Cruz has brought with him encourages the antagonistic approach. People let things slide if they're treated with respect; they don't if they don't. And BA recently have shown that they have no respect for their customers and, what's worse, they can't even be chewed to pretend otherwise.
Strong words. No idea what you're basing your opinion on but if the majority of BA's customers really think like that then BA's future doesn't look good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.