Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Disgusting harassment behaviour by seatmate in WTP to SEA. What can be done?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting harassment behaviour by seatmate in WTP to SEA. What can be done?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit
The author of this blog posted a rebuttal of some of the criticisms and misunderstandings aimed at her here: http://bit.ly/WrongGuy

Hopefully it'll help some on here understand her perspective more clearly.
What a vile human being. It just makes this sorry saga even worse.

I'm done with this drama queen
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
The author of this blog posted a rebuttal of some of the criticisms and misunderstandings aimed at her here: http://bit.ly/WrongGuy

Thanks. Just confirmed everything I previously thought.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:50 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
What a vile human being. It just makes this sorry saga even worse.

I'm done with this drama queen
C'mon - vile? You might not like her writing style, or even agree with her principles, but it doesn't make her vile.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
As my mother used to say "she's got some mouth on her hasn't she?"
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by V10
C'mon - vile? You might not like her writing style, or even agree with her principles, but it doesn't make her vile.
The blogger is trying to stir up emotions, by using sexism, in an attempt to get blog clicks. Not a person that I would want to encounter in any situation. Everything is done to sensationalise a story. The staged "panic attack" photos are the icing on the cake.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It just serves to confirm to me that this is a professional victim, a DQ of the highest order, a publicity seeker, and if we are meant to accept that she is the sort of person that is likely to take this lying down (based on her writing style) then she is treating readers of her blog like idiots. She loves the attention, and is providing a rebuttal just to keep this and her blog alive. It is yet another case of "I'm posting this and the only view you are allowed to have is sympathy for me because I am a victim". Someone needs to push the keyboard away from her as far as possible until the princess realises that the internet does not work that way. I don't find her credible as an individual in the slightest.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'll just leave this here, I apologise if it is OT.

Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:11 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by V10
I agree with the language - it was raging, overdone, foul-mouthed and feminist (never used all those adjectives in the same sentence).

*But*:

- the after photo wasn't a selfie. It was her way of coping. We're in no position to assess it - if it works for her then it works.

- clearly the crew didn't think it's trivial if they op-uped her. I use the term op-up cos in their opinion the guy behind has made the seats in front of him uninhabitable.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
I agree with the language - it was raging, overdone, foul-mouthed and feminist (never used all those adjectives in the same sentence).
That's not feminist language though, and completely unfair on feminists.

*But*:

- the after photo wasn't a selfie. It was her way of coping. We're in no position to assess it - if it works for her then it works.
A good blogger or citizen journalist would have captured the moment of incident though...

- clearly the crew didn't think it's trivial if they op-uped her. I use the term op-up cos in their opinion the guy behind has made the seats in front of him uninhabitable.
Crew keeping the peace for everyone else for the last few hours?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
"I wanna be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever. I don't care about funny.
I want loads of clothes and want lots of diamonds
I've heard people die while they're trying to find them.
I'll take my clothes off, it will be shameless
Cos everyones knows; that's how you get famous."

The end.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:33 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
A good blogger or citizen journalist would have captured the moment of incident though...
Sigh, that's why I've turned down most suggestions to blog - my motivations get questioned, fairly or not.

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Crew keeping the peace for everyone else for the last few hours?
But BA's not known to throw-away premium seats without cause...

If they throw away CW seats at this blogger for being (say) a crybaby, I hope this crew will not operate PRC flights cos the CW cabin will fill pretty quickly...
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Sigh, that's why I've turned down most suggestions to blog - my motivations get questioned, fairly or not.
And that's the whole point of discussion forums.
They're not called let's all agree and back slap each other boards.

But BA's not known to throw-away premium seats without cause...

If they throw away CW seats at this blogger for being (say) a crybaby, I hope this crew will not operate PRC flights cos the CW cabin will fill pretty quickly...
And as I've stated previously, *something happened. Exactly what, we will never know, as we only have one side of the story.
Until there's corroboration, I'm unconvinced.
Name calling and expletives isn't proof.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens

Oh, that helped... If I was even remotely sympathetic before, I am no longer. Seems that she is a cry baby after all. And a very, very, very insulting one at that. Not someone who takes on criticism gracefully.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by V10
She was comfortable posting this piece of 'support'

"You know I would Cut A ..... for you, so just say the word.”

But I'm unhappy with myself for being suckered in and posting on the subject, the attention is what she feeds off. Maybe not vile, but very sad.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:23 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
We have now reached the stage where commentary is solely concentrating on the poster herself, not the original incident, and it seems nothing new or particularly insightful is being added on that score - we are simply heading round in circles with existing positions merely being reiterated and reinforced.

Consequently, we'll gently recline the thread into retirement by closing it at this point.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.