Search

Biscuits with lemon something?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Biscuits with lemon something?

What is the biscuits with about half of it covered in lemon or something flavoured white-chocolatey stuff?

I had them on a recent BA flight and liked them a lot but I have no idea what they were - crew member gave them to me with my coffee and I was eating them in the dark so as not to disturb others so I didn't even get to read the packet.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:20 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Presumably you don't just mean these? http://www.islandbakery.co.uk/our-biscuits/lemon-melts

I just would be surprised that you hadn't come across them with your volume of travel. That said, maybe you're always sat too far forward for economy class catering!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I chip off the lemon chocolate #shortbreadcalvanist
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andset1191
Presumably you don't just mean these? http://www.islandbakery.co.uk/our-biscuits/lemon-melts

I just would be surprised that you hadn't come across them with your volume of travel. That said, maybe you're always sat too far forward for economy class catering!
The photo matches how I guessed them to be in the dark and the description matches, so I'm sure that's what they are. Thank you!

They gave them to me in F as the 2nd or 3rd serving of biscuits with about 3rd or 4th serving of coffee (I was working and they were very sympathetic to me so kept me supplied with a variety of nibbles, and I needed the caffeine to function that night as I'd been up for something like 20 hours by the time I got on the flight, and it was a long flight... I don't normally like having coffee on a flight but no choice on that occasion) but I had no idea what they were because I didn't want to turn on the lights in case it woke someone so I pretty much only saw the outline of objects.

I knew they tasted nice, they seemed round, about half of it was covered in white chocolate something with lemon flavour, and that was all.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:26 pm

You can't have travelled shorthaul much if you couldn't instantly recognise the taste of these, even if you couldn't see them.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
The photo matches how I guessed them to be in the dark and the description matches, so I'm sure that's what they are. Thank you!

They gave them to me in F as the 2nd or 3rd serving of biscuits with about 3rd or 4th serving of coffee (I was working and they were very sympathetic to me so kept me supplied with a variety of nibbles) but I had no idea what they were because I didn't want to turn on the lights in case it woke someone so I pretty much only saw the outline of objects.

I knew they tasted nice and that was all.
The biscuits are also stocked in the Club Kitchen
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
You can't have travelled shorthaul much if you couldn't instantly recognise the taste of these, even if you couldn't see them.
I haven't been served them in CE although I fly CE often enough (maybe 8 sectors in the last 4 weeks or something), but then I tend to avoid tea and coffee because whenever I have them it gets turbulent and I worry about spilling it.

Originally Posted by Prospero
That's dangerous information. Are F passengers allowed to get things from the Club Kitchen?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
LCY has the lemon-free version for some reason. That version was the original one used when the snack basket was rebased a couple of years back. After a few months they switched to the Lemon Melts in June 2015 - very familiar to Domestic travellers - and I assumed they were going to try the other flavours that the company makes. These are available in the big glass urns in Flounge, domestic lounges and so on. However I'm told the melts were so popular that they decided not to shift them. I suspect there would be onboard riots if this got enhanced.

See your previous comments here incidentally!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-biscuits.html

Also:
Domestic catering
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
See your previous comments here incidentally!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-biscuits.html

Also:
Domestic catering
That proves my frightening inability to remember stuff.

No wonder they tasted familiar although I had no idea where or what! (I think that domestic flight was the only previous encounter with them for me, sadly - it's clear that I need to encounter them a lot more.)
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That proves my frightening inability to remember stuff.
Even more scary is that I remembered what you said about Melts!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:56 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Only if the cabin crew haven't eaten them first ... truly the best thing in the Club Kitchen by a country mile. Just what you need when you can't sleep at 3am UK time!

Right, time to stop salivating, it's not a pretty sight and MrsNWI is bound to object ...
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
They're also stocked in my local deli.^^

Much cheaper than buying a flight...
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
LCY has the lemon-free version for some reason. That version was the original one used when the snack basket was rebased a couple of years back. After a few months they switched to the Lemon Melts in June 2015 - very familiar to Domestic travellers - and I assumed they were going to try the other flavours that the company makes. These are available in the big glass urns in Flounge, domestic lounges and so on. However I'm told the melts were so popular that they decided not to shift them. I suspect there would be onboard riots if this got enhanced.
I actually prefer the plain shortbread version. But the lemon melts are nice too.
What I liked most however, were the Lily O'Briens chocolate chip cookies that they had in domestic flights in 2013-2014. Sadly they are long gone and I've since tried to find them but looks like Lily O'Briens have stopped making them. Thankfully they still make the 'Uglies' that can be found on virgin trains!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
What is the biscuits with about half of it covered in lemon or something flavoured white-chocolatey stuff?
There's an art to eating them too. Bit like Jaffa Cakes.

They are my current snack of choice on BA but I must say I prefer the AA Popcorn Indiana Kettlecorn Sweet and Salty that they've had in F for the last few months. Much better than the previous cheesy one.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
... I don't normally like having coffee on a flight but no choice on that occasion) but I had no idea what they were because I didn't want to turn on the lights in case it woke someone so I pretty much only saw the outline of objects.
Did you work throughout the flight and survive solely on laptop light??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.