Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meh
Lounge Access Question

I will travel CW as a Gold with my two sisters who will be in Y. Is it possible to go to Galleries with one of them, both of us leave, and then bring the other into the F lounge?

So I will only have one guest in a lounge at any one time?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
nope, won't work as it will already know your BP has been used to guest someone in. that someone will have a different BP to the new guest so you'll be rumbled!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No, I'm afraid not, unless you have GGL status, and it is tracked too. You are only allowed one guest during your spell in LHR on a given boarding pass, not multiple guests spread over time.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meh
Thanks guys that is fair enough.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Whilst the answer is no, you could always smile and sweetly ask the lounge clerk if they'd let you take 2 guests. 99% of the time at LHR the answer is no (outstations can be a little more lenient), but as an example at LHR the other week I was allowed to take both my mum (Silver) and dad (blue) in the flounge with the 'just this once and only because it's quiet this morning' warning
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
It would be nice I feel if BA allowed you to buy an extra pass to a lounge, limited perhaps to once per year to limit numbers and priced to deter flippant use of it. Limited also perhaps to avoid busy periods.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: BA
Do we know how many people actually guest in visitors - I have only ever once (in NCL) and that was pure chance as an old mate was on the same flight as me.

In my (very) casual observations most people appear to be solo travellers.

And like the OP, the only time I ever really want to be able to guest someone in, its for more than one, such as my wife and daughter, which I can't.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
If you have an onward connection in F but the domestic was booked separately, say BHD-LHR-AUH, how likely would I be to get a second guest in at BHD?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
This has made me think, and I wouldn't condone this (or go into detail) but there is a loophole to guest in two people if the second guest is the same sex and a similar age to the first one. I've never thought of it before but what are the safeguards against this?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gomac
I've never thought of it before but what are the safeguards against this?
Potential expulsion from BAEC if caught? One particular UK lounge agent has a near photographic memory.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
I do enjoy the lounges, and as above am willing to be a bit cheeky and ask if they'd let me take 2 guests as a gold, but I don't think any lounge is worth what is essentially fraud in an environment where boarding passes and identity are quite important!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:51 am

always worth politely asking. Ive had two seperate different guests in on a long layover in CCR when travelling F on 2 occassions (although one was as a result of a long BA delay)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:58 am

I've had no problems at all with different guests in different lounges in the past, certainly worth trying. I wouldn't explain what you've done unless asked! There's also no passport check at the desks if you want to just use the same boarding pass to avoid potential hassle.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:22 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Whilst it's great that most posts here are giving the honest and technically correct answer to the OP's question, perhaps at this stage we should bear in mind that a previous guesting thread had to be closed down because of issues with the process.

Methods of illegally (in the sense of BA/oneworld rules) circumventing the guesting rules might be regarded by some as potentially incompatible with the ethos of the new meet-up thread @:-)

Let's not head too far in that direction if possible, please. I'm sure the OP would, however, appreciate practical suggestions as to how to resolve the original dilemma.

/mod
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
Presumably you can do this anywhere that has lounges operated by two oneworld carriers? For instance you could guest one into T3 GF and the other unit AA Flagship? I assume the lounge systems don't talk to each other...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.