Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA and Shanghai 144-hour Transit Without Visa - any problems?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Shanghai 144-hour Transit Without Visa - any problems?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: BAEC GCH
I did this last year and it was fine. Went to PEK for 3 days, then flew CX to HKG for 48 hours before heading back to PVG for a separate visa and 3 days before heading home. Just make sure you have all your travel docs printed and to hand at each check in and you will be fine.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
I did it back a few months ago, and just had a print out of my connecting flight which I showed at check-in and when arriving at Shanghai. One thing of note was the Travel Without Visa line is further along from the main Visa line, although there was no signage I noticed when I went through.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Currently sat in the No.77 lounge having had a very smooth arrivals experience at PVG.

Short walk from the gate to the fingerprint machines, then followed the very clear signage for the 144/24 desks which as previous posters have said, are right at the very end.

Filled in a white form with blue header then waited in line for about 25 minutes to be procesed.

Then about 20 minutes crowding through Customs, so all in all less than an hour to get landside.

Which compares very favourably with many pre-GE experiences at US gateways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.