Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying with colleagues - what would you do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying with colleagues - what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I think in this day and age people aren't that bothered really especially as the OP wrote

So they obviously know the lay of the land re lounges and guesting etc. If the OP does more travel than colleagues then they may already know he's Gold so entitled to different things.
My point wasn't really about status and entitlement.

My family know I'm the only one with a GC (different airline) so am also 'entitled', but it doesn't make it compulsory for me to use it and if travelling as a party I generally don't.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:09 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
The next problem comes later when the beep at the boarding gate moves you into F. Now that is a far, far bigger issue which cannot be refused.
I had a similar problem this week flying on EK, I was by far the junior on the trip and got moved into F. Slightly awkward when both walk past on way past to J...
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Potential awkwardness is predicated on the colleagues giving a hoot about the OP's whereabouts.

Who knows? They might just possibly have been able to take his absence in their stride.

If OP prefers whatever margin of comfort he can wring from GF over his colleagues' company then he should stay there.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Potential awkwardness is predicated on the colleagues giving a hoot about the OP's whereabouts.

Who knows? They might just possibly have been able to take his absence in their stride.
Of course. That's one of the scenarios. You could go a stage further, they might actually have been delighted, in which case it would have been a win/win all round.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by simons1
Of course. That's one of the scenarios. You could go a stage further, they might actually have been delighted, in which case it would have been a win/win all round.
I was dancing around that scenario. Far too mealy mouthed to suggest it
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by simons1
My point wasn't really about status and entitlement.

My family know I'm the only one with a GC (different airline) so am also 'entitled', but it doesn't make it compulsory for me to use it and if travelling as a party I generally don't.

Of course not but if you were in the same situation as the OP and arrived at LHR before your family would you avail yoursef of GF before they arrived or would you go straight to GC right from the start?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.