Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Whats going on with EDI departures tonight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

1830 BA1459 - Delayed an hour;
1945 BA1463 - Cancelled;
2030 BA1465 - Delayed over an hour and a half and counting

anyone know the reason?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I was on the 8707, delayed by 50 minutes due to ATC restrictions in the south east apparently. Made up a bit of time on the way down.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
BA's timekeeping at EDI has been pretty poor lately. This is partly because of the airport being overcapacity. 10-20 minute pushback delays are the norm at peak times at the moment.

BA are having general problems with reliability this summer in my experience. Any minor issue seems to just snowball. For example, on a recent LHR-EDI flight the ground crew had to pull some bags off because a few connecting passengers hadn't made it. This took 40 minutes (usually takes about 10), we then had a long wait for takeoff and had to hold at EDI because it was busy.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
You can pick almost any day at random this summer and you'll find the % of BA flights from GLA and EDI to LHR departing on time is pretty abysmal.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Loads of delays in and out of the London airports this afternoon/evening due to lack of staff in the TC part of LACC Swanwick. Screwed us over too (again) leading to controllers having to have their duties extended beyond their normal end times in order to cover the delayed traffic.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
After 20 years of very regularly flying LON-EDI exclusively on BA, Alex Cruz's cuts and delays have made me give up and switch our company travel policy to the train. Much cheaper, more comfortable and (door to door) quicker.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:53 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Not sure if the weather here in the Central Belt would have anything to do with it? It has been pretty crappy all day. Constant rain, lower visibilty possibly.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.