Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UUA to WT+ (MMB showing Full TPs)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
UUA to WT+ (MMB showing Full TPs)

Ok guys, your thoughts and experiences are required.

Currently 380 points away from Gold renewal and I have been booked in WT ft a work trip - which was promptly upgraded to WT+ using Avios.

However MMB now shows that I will earn 180 tier points instead of 70 previously.

This can't be right, can it?

I need to know what I will receive as I about to book a TP run to take me over but do not want to have excess TPs as I will not reach 2.5k.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:43 am

I did exactly this a few weeks ago.

I got the WTP TP - 90 per leg, but the Avios were correct for the original WT booking in N class. I guess it's an IT bug, that might be fixed and might not be.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:49 am

My experience with UUAs is that they almost always show the wrong TPs in MMB. I think it's maybe continued to show correctly like 10% of the time.

Depending on how the UUA is done - you *might* be lucky enough to get the full TPs - but it's rare.

I'd not count them if you have to book the TPs now.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:53 am

It always shows the wrong TPs in my experience when UuA. I have done this a bunch of times and always got the TPs for the class I paid.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by ftaitr
I did exactly this a few weeks ago.

I got the WTP TP - 90 per leg, but the Avios were correct for the original WT booking in N class. I guess it's an IT bug, that might be fixed and might not be.
That's exactly what's got me stumped....the Avios are correct but TPs are not.

Better not risk it, I will plan a TP run as if I am not going to get the points.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:01 pm

I have gotta F TP's for the last 3 J-F UUA's I've done, might just be lucky. Very close to whatever you get at 2500 now.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

My flights next week so will report back with what I actually receive.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
the "TP/avios you will learn" feature on the MMB is notoriously buggy and not very precise. Specifically with any kind of reservation that is not a straightforwardly class bought = class to be flown, such us UUA or POUG etc etc
You will most likely earn TP/Avios corresponding to the underling class you bought with cash, which is WT
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You do not say where you are flying, but I assume that the 180 is the correct TP for the flight in WTP. If you pay for an upgrade (either with cash or avios) then you earn for the cabin travelled in, not the original booking, so it is correct. In my experience these are added correctly by the system after travel.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
If you pay for an upgrade (either with cash or avios) then you earn for the cabin travelled in, not the original booking, so it is correct.
I don't think this is correct. It applies only if you upgrade with cash, but if you use Avios to UUA, you get TP/avios only for the underlaying class bought with cash.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by hyperspace
I don't think this is correct. It applies only if you upgrade with cash, but if you use Avios to UUA, you get TP/avios only for the underlaying class bought with cash.
+1

MMB always seems to show higher class in error. But recent UUA booking (J - F) showed as F TPs in MMB; credited as 0 TPs/Avios (as if it had been a full reward booking), but BAEC quickly corrected to underlying booking (i.e. J.) I think this may have been because it was a TA booking originally - so BA had re-issued the ticket when I upgraded, and done so from an Avios redemption bucket.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You do not say where you are flying, but I assume that the 180 is the correct TP for the flight in WTP. If you pay for an upgrade (either with cash or avios) then you earn for the cabin travelled in, not the original booking, so it is correct. In my experience these are added correctly by the system after travel.
This IS correct. I have done it many times and it has been discussed on FT as well
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

That's exactly what I thought and was planning until MMB got me confused and doubting myself.

Off to est Africa and was originally booked by a travel agent in WT so earning 35 TPs in each direction. Upgraded using Avios to WT+ and now showing 90 TPs in each direction.

Here's hoping for a POUG to CW in both directions. That would net me 140 in each direction.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by d3vski
Off to est Africa and was originally booked by a travel agent in WT so earning 35 TPs in each direction. Upgraded using Avios to WT+ and now showing 90 TPs in each direction.

Here's hoping for a POUG to CW in both directions. That would net me 140 in each direction.
You won't get a POUG if travel agency, but AUP should be possible. Formally you would still only get 35 TPs if AUP (or POUG'd) but indeed some people have found alternative scenarios are possible. MMB gets it wrong consistently in this area, UuA normally correctly posts as the revenue ticket.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you pay for an upgrade (either with cash or avios) then you earn for the cabin travelled in, not the original booking, so it is correct.
Originally Posted by hyperspace
This IS correct. I have done it many times and it has been discussed on FT as well
I'm with hyperspace on this one. From post 5 in the top level sticky:

If you upgrade your ticket using Avios (UuA / MFU) then you get the Tier Points and Avios of the purchased ticket, so if you upgrade a World Traveller Plus ticket to Club World, you get the World Traveller Plus Tier Points and Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.