Wiki Posts
Search

BA9 (LHR - BKK) - Y or W redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
BA9 (LHR - BKK) - Y or W redemption

So I have a minor dilemma... LHR - BKK booked one way in Y as a redemption with MH J on the way back.

Premium economy has now become available.

I have the 'endless legroom' seat (the aisle seat in a row of three behind a pair) though that still doesn't provide much recline or leg support.

The flight doesn't look especially heavily loaded and, if anything, is front heavy, so I don't see an upgrade in the tea leaves (or the ability to use miles for CW either).

J9 C0 DC RC IC W8 E8 T5 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M8 L7 VC SC NC QC OC G9
So... given that it's more old WTP, would you do it? Cost is a factor but I'd pay the extra 30k miles + APD + change fee if I get a better night's sleep.

(Oh and frustratingly, CX J is available but I either arrive in Bangkok too late or leave London too early!)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:45 am

For me no way at 30k avios in the old seat

I would personally say that WT is actually fairly busy on those numbers and that they're selling high priced Y tickets and happy to upgrade into WT+ so you never know - good chance of a paid upgrade at the airport also.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Ended up going with CX J as my plans changed.

Allowing for extra sleep, a shower at HKG, and speedier passage through immigration, I think I'll probably get back 4 or 5 of those extra hours on the ground.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:56 am

CX J no contest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.