Community
Wiki Posts
Search

July's "enhancements"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ziz
Breakfast doesn't seem too different from the standard WT/WTP box but the daytime does sound pretty stingy.
Except you get to choose 1 item - rather than getting all 3...
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
News of what is in the basket pass.
Breakfast: Strawberry Kellogs bar, chocolate muffin, carrot muffin.
Rest of day: Kit Kat, Twix, Walkers Belgian chocolate.
Thanks for the info.

Absolutely unacceptable. Going to have think think long and hard about BA vs. VS on my frequent East Coast - London runs, as this is just taking the piss.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by User Name
Thanks for the info.

Absolutely unacceptable. Going to have think think long and hard about BA vs. VS on my frequent East Coast - London runs, as this is just taking the piss.
That might not be an option, since the water offering has been reduced to a thimble-full.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Can I help you
News of what is in the basket pass.
Breakfast: Strawberry Kellogs bar, chocolate muffin, carrot muffin.
Rest of day: Kit Kat, Twix, Walkers Belgian chocolate.
Very poor. And nothing for someone that doesn't eat sweets.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Lussac
All that being useless to me as I'm Type 2 Diabetic and that lot is nearly all sugar!!
I'm not diabetic but I don't eat sweets and cakes for breakfast. Maybe they'll have a SPML basket?

This is especially bad on flights like the 238. Breakfast is served quite early US time, and you arrive at your destination too late for dinner.

Now you'll have a KitKat or a Twix (size still to be determined) for your only other meal of the day. Sounds like they'll have to increase the WT / WTP hand luggage allowance to include a picnic basket.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ambient basket it is not. More like a basket of shame

H
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Hope u all received this survey about BA future and made clear thats the wrong way to go and I am happy to pay 50 gbp more And Lean doesnt mean cost cutting but increasing efficiency
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by aysoo
Hope u all received this survey about BA future and made clear thats the wrong way to go and I am happy to pay 50 gbp more And Lean doesnt mean cost cutting but increasing efficiency
I got it a little but back, before this thread. They still got a a fairly harsh review. But also very specific examples of why in the free text input fields.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Thumbs down

When I do 238 I end up at my hotel in central London before 9, and usually go out and eat then. But 215 or 239 westbound and I swear it's Tupperware in the Flounge if BA is going to work at all anymore.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Lussac
All that being useless to me as I'm Type 2 Diabetic and that lot is nearly all sugar!!
Exactly. The UK has an obesity problem yet all BA are offering is junk. How about something vaguely healthy??? Would some nuts or some fruit be too much trouble, I guess so.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Has anyone actually experienced these wonderful enhancements yet? They're obviously on my mind as last night I dreamt about flying VS!!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by williamn78
Has anyone actually experienced these wonderful enhancements yet? They're obviously on my mind as last night I dreamt about flying VS!!
Yes have a look - details of the basket pass have been mentioned above. Not very savoury unfortunately.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by User Name
But 215 or 239 westbound and I swear it's Tupperware in the Flounge if BA is going to work at all anymore.
You could also stop near the toilets to fill up a water bottle. Takes self catering to a whole new level.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by simons1
You could also stop near the toilets to fill up a water bottle. Takes self catering to a whole new level.
Quite a few water fountains seem to have disappeared at T5. I always bring am empty water bottle anyway and can never find one any more.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

175g bag of Penn State pretzels are 59p. I think they are also VATable?

In any case it will be a few pennies for the the tiny bag.

Quite shameful really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.