Wiki Posts
Search

Theft from the lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Theft from the lounge

I may have been guilty in the past of taking a bag of crisps or a can of coke from the lounge but I'm just gobsmacked by what I've just seen in the GC South lounge. A member of staff (I assume BA Security) approached a woman who'd been seen to put a bottle of scotch in her bag! The tipple of choice was Gentleman Jack aparrently. I'm not sure if she was thrown out or left of her own accord but she didn't hang around very long after that!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
A whole bottle? That's pretty brazen. At least she was caught ^

I've never seen anyone take bottles out before, the odd food, of course, but not that. And yet, I'm not surprised

H
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ptr120
I may have been guilty in the past of taking a bag of crisps or a can of coke from the lounge but I'm just gobsmacked by what I've just seen in the GC South lounge. A member of staff (I assume BA Security) approached a woman who'd been seen to put a bottle of scotch in her bag! The tipple of choice was Gentleman Jack aparrently. I'm not sure if she was thrown out or left of her own accord but she didn't hang around very long after that!
Wow that is crossing a line!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Hope it wasn't a lounge guest!! 😄
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
And some!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Cool....how sociable...

Anyway, this is not the first time I have read of such incident..I believe a few months ago on the Turkish airline forum, it was reported a lounge visitor attempted to take a whole bottle of unopened wine but this was stopped by the lounge attendants.

I admit I take at times some snack or a small can of soda with me, but a whole bottle of whisky..

I guess this is what happens when everyone feels entitled these days...

Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:26 am

Nobody yet attempted to take the whole plane home?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In many locations, this would violate alcohol laws and potentially risk the lounge's ability to serve alcohol in the future. In many places, it's illegal to leave a bar or similar establishment with an opened container of alcohol, while other places require different licenses and hours for "off site" (takeaway) sales versus consumption on the premises.

BTW, I've seen people take a whole bottle of alcohol from hotel lounges. Assuming that they consumed it in the hotel, this probably would raise the same liquor license issues, although of course it's still theft.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by ptr120
Galleries Club. Tch.

You don't get that sort of behaviour in the Flounge.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
Galleries Club. Tch.

You don't get that sort of behaviour in the Flounge.
I once saw a man go to the Flounge bar numerous times to collect bags of crisps that eventually filled a Macey's medium brown bag. One the way out he stopped by the coffee machines to grab a few handfuls of biscuits (when they still had the packaged ones).

Back in the T1 days I saw a family of four take two full litre bottles of sparkling water from the Flounge fridge and stuff them in their bags.

One would think if you could afford to be in a Flounge you not real that hard up that you need to steal from them.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Moomba

One would think if you could afford to be in a Flounge you not real that hard up that you need to steal from them.
To be honest, you would think the same about people in any lounge, even No.1 traveller....

Although if I have learnt anything on my travels through life it is that how 'well-off' one is has little bearing on the presence of manners, human decency or morality.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
I once took some toast from Galleries North but to be fair I was in a rush One hopes that doesn't count
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:12 am

I did try to fill my jacket pockets with a load of mushroom stroganoff the other day. Turned out to be a bad idea...
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In many locations, this would violate alcohol laws and potentially risk the lounge's ability to serve alcohol in the future. In many places, it's illegal to leave a bar or similar establishment with an opened container of alcohol, while other places require different licenses and hours for "off site" (takeaway) sales versus consumption on the premises.

BTW, I've seen people take a whole bottle of alcohol from hotel lounges. Assuming that they consumed it in the hotel, this probably would raise the same liquor license issues, although of course it's still theft.
Not doubting this isn't theft, but thankfully, in the real world (i.e. not the USA) we are a little bit more grown up about legislation....
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Diet-Pepsi and Kettle crisps is ok to pilfer, isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.