Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lotta moaning about BA, but they always seem to come through

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,

I had a F DME-LHR and J LHR-DME ticket booked. Had to change the date and go back three hours before the flight. Flight was J/Y overnight. Fully booked in J and all checked in too, so apologies all round but it was go Y if you need to fly.

Gold Services tried to do something and couldn't. So topped up on the Blue Lable in the CCR to try a coma instead of sleep. That after a very nice bit of dead cow.

Boarded, and was immediately approached by the CSM. Told me we have blocked a row for you at the back. Row had a load of blankets to cushion the seats an a pile of pillows to cover the arm rest.

Sleep was had, woken with 20 mins to go and ushered back to the Aisle seat near the front I had taken for fast exit.

Not as good as the J seat I wanted, but one hell of a lot better than what I expected and enough to function in morning meetings.

Also totally unexpected, so a real pleasure after psyching myself up for a vertical sleep attempt, using even more alcohol.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Nice ^
Old May 25, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
A little effort can go a long way in situations like this. Glad to hear it wasn't as torturous as anticipated (then again, the blue label must have helped...
Old May 25, 2016, 7:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
I had a F DME-LHR and J LHR-DME ticket booked. Had to change the date and go back three hours before the flight. Flight was J/Y overnight. Fully booked in J and all checked in too, so apologies all round but it was go Y if you need to fly.

Gold Services tried to do something and couldn't. So topped up on the Blue Lable in the CCR to try a coma instead of sleep. That after a very nice bit of dead cow.

Boarded, and was immediately approached by the CSM. Told me we have blocked a row for you at the back. Row had a load of blankets to cushion the seats an a pile of pillows to cover the arm rest.

Sleep was had, woken with 20 mins to go and ushered back to the Aisle seat near the front I had taken for fast exit.

Not as good as the J seat I wanted, but one hell of a lot better than what I expected and enough to function in morning meetings.

Also totally unexpected, so a real pleasure after psyching myself up for a vertical sleep attempt, using even more alcohol.
That's the type of service that builds loyalty.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Good show on BA's part ^

H
Old May 25, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Hoch
Good show on BA's part ^

H
+1 nice
Old May 25, 2016, 10:48 am

They need to stick stories like that at the top of reasons to join the BAEC instead of the ever diminishing current perks!
Old May 25, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingturkey
They need to stick stories like that at the top of reasons to join the BAEC instead of the ever diminishing current perks!
What, flying Y when booked and paid for J?

What a perk!
Old May 25, 2016, 11:20 am

OP made the change himself!
Old May 25, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
What, flying Y when booked and paid for J?

What a perk!
My choice. Needed to get back, plane was full in J. Could have gone the next night in J, but unable to wait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.