Wiki Posts
Search

Elemis Spa T5 - you couldn't make it up

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Elemis Spa T5 - you couldn't make it up

I have a flight tomorrow from LHR to JFK. I was at T5 today for a European SH day trip and tried to book an Elemis treatment for tomorrow morning.

Elemis Spa Desk: sorry, we can't take advance bookings, you need to call YouFirst. Here is their number

I call YouFirst while standing at the Elemis desk

YouFirst: We can help (promising) - can I put you on hold? I need to call the Elemis desk at T5.....

YouFirst: I'm sorry sir, they're not answering their phone

Me: I'm there right now. The phone is ringing but they are dealing with other clients

YouFirst: So sorry about this. How embarrassing. I'll email you if I can get you a booking

Is it possible to design a more frustratingly inefficient system?

Last edited by Ned1968; May 19, 2016 at 7:19 am
Old May 19, 2016, 7:13 am
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
That's brilliant. Well, not actually brilliant at all, but you know what I mean....
Old May 19, 2016, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Just had an email from YouFirst - no treatments available.

I'm laughing on the inside.....
Old May 19, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Can't the Quintessentially desk in the CCR help with this? I would've had a word with the CCR receptionist to see if the 'concierge' could come out and assist.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:02 pm

One of the funniest things I've read! My sympathies OP, but I'm afraid I have tears of laughter imagining the scene.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Genius1
Can't the Quintessentially desk in the CCR help with this? I would've had a word with the CCR receptionist to see if the 'concierge' could come out and assist.
I've asked them before and they could not help with spa bookings. They only do cabanas.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Brilliant. You really couldn't make it up.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It's funny isn't it? It's the same even if you try to book months in advance you still cannot get an appointment.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Bets part in my opinion is they still call each other as if YouFirst couldn't have created a Google calendar that can share with the spa.

BA F on the ground is an ok J at best
Old May 19, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Left it a bit late trying for the next day. I think there is only one therapist allocated for advance first bookings as you can't get appointments at the same time.
I got 2 consecutive appointments without any hassle last weekend but did email my request a few weeks before and booked a cabana at the same time so it is possible.
Even managed to get a couple of walk up appointments on the outbound although we did have to go to the B lounge.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Would HAL/BA not be better using the space these people take up for something the majority of their customers would actually find more beneficial to their well-being?
Old May 19, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Ned1968
I have a flight tomorrow from LHR to JFK. I was at T5 today for a European SH day trip and tried to book an Elemis treatment for tomorrow morning.

Elemis Spa Desk: sorry, we can't take advance bookings, you need to call YouFirst. Here is their number

I call YouFirst while standing at the Elemis desk

YouFirst: We can help (promising) - can I put you on hold? I need to call the Elemis desk at T5.....

YouFirst: I'm sorry sir, they're not answering their phone

Me: I'm there right now. The phone is ringing but they are dealing with other clients

YouFirst: So sorry about this. How embarrassing. I'll email you if I can get you a booking

Is it possible to design a more frustratingly inefficient system?
Sounds like any large man made bureaucracy.

I recommend the reading of Franz Kafka's Das Schloss.
Old May 19, 2016, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Kafkaesque sprang to my mind as well.

May as well try Siri. She sometimes has funnier replies. Just as useful, but funnier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.