Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So underwhelmed in BA F

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 11:10 am
Original Poster

So underwhelmed in BA F

Recently few LHR-SEA in F. My previous BA F was 10+ years ago and I remembered on board food chief, lobster soup, great food and service.

Now the meal is worse than business class on other airlines, they ran out of my entry choice, service was blah, pajamas were nice but no slippers? The menu card looked really cheap. The seat was too firm for me to sleep comfortably. In-seat closet was nice but otherwise seat had limited storage options for small items like glasses. My 15" laptop did not fit into pocket with magazines.

I had better C experience on OS just few weeks earlier, which provided much better food and better service. I also felt more comfortable in OS seat.

Edited to add: Concorde lounge was also nothing to write home about, especially if you compare it with LH first class terminal or EK first class lounge in DXB. Crowded, unfriendly staff, below average food.

Last edited by AntonS; May 13, 2016 at 3:02 pm
Old May 13, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It's just been announced this week that flowers will no longer be loaded for the First toilets, the race to the bottom continues.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Well then you know what to do next time, save your money and travel with OS.

FWIW I thoroughly enjoy BA F and suspect maybe you had a bad crew as each of my trips the food has been top notch and the crew superb.

Originally Posted by AntonS
Recently few LHR-SEA in F. My previous BA F was 10+ years ago and I remembered on board food chief, lobster soup, great food and service.

Now the meal is worse than business class on other airlines, they ran out of my entry choice, service was blah, pajamas were nice but no slippers? The menu card looked really cheap. The seat was too firm for me to sleep comfortably. In-seat closet was nice but otherwise seat had limited storage options for small items like glasses. My 15" laptop did not fit into pocket with magazines.

I had better C experience on OS just few weeks earlier, which provided much better food and better service. I also felt more comfortable in OS seat.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Well then you know what to do next time, save your money and travel with OS.

Old May 13, 2016, 11:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Seems quite logical. If you prefer airline A and don't enjoy airline B, and perhaps airline A is cheaper, then surely you should go with airline A. I don't see any sense in travelling with an airline if you find you don't enjoy flying with them.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Seems quite logical. If you prefer airline A and don't enjoy airline B, and perhaps airline A is cheaper, then surely you should go with airline A. I don't see any sense in travelling with an airline if you find you don't enjoy flying with them.
I think it's quite obvious to the OP what his choices are (so doesn't need to be told). I think the rolly-eyes thingy was a result of what the comment actually seemed to mean, which was "we don't want to hear it".
Old May 13, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by User Name
I think it's quite obvious to the OP what his choices are (so doesn't need to be told). I think the rolly-eyes thingy was a result of what the comment actually seemed to mean, which was "we don't want to hear it".
Well the OP hadn't tried BA for a number of years so was unfamiliar with the product before taking the flight. I don't think anyone would want someone to persevere with an airline or product they don't like so certainly an obvious choice, although it seems some don't like that noted. The OP may wish to pass feedback to BA on their experience.

Also on your second point I am not seeing that in the post? Difficult to have forum where we get critiqued on what we don't actually write but others choose to read in to the post.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Also on your second point I am not seeing that in the post? Difficult to have forum where we get critiqued on what we don't actually write but others choose to read in to the post.
It's probably because you know me outside of FT and know how 'straight talking/blunt' I can be. Whereas someone who doesn't might think I'm just being a bit of a dick.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's just been announced this week that flowers will no longer be loaded for the First toilets, the race to the bottom continues.
That is pretty poor. The saving must be trivial and the empty vase will serve as a constant reminder of the cost cutting and poor value...
Old May 13, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Originally Posted by Jamier45
It's probably because you know me outside of FT and know how 'straight talking/blunt' I can be. Whereas someone who doesn't might think I'm just being a bit of a dick.
I think the OP should have been give a chance. Their post was fairly balanced.

I think that suggesting they choose another airline is better on Page 10 when the minutiae have been pored over. Post 3 is too soon, in my opinion.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
I think the OP should have been give a chance. Their post was fairly balanced.

I think that suggesting they choose another airline is better on Page 10 when the minutiae have been pored over. Post 3 is too soon, in my opinion.
I don't think anyone has said anything against the OP or suggested that their exeprice is not valid. A comment was provided based on someone else experience of BA F, this doesn't detract from the OP's experience.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I am constantly underwhelmed with the BA passenger experience.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:43 pm

BA F has lost the "WOW" factor.

Food quality is poor.

Service is shotty.

Amenity kits are filled with items one can find at the dollar store.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
BA F has lost the "WOW" factor.

Food quality is poor.

Service is shotty.

Amenity kits are filled with items one can find at the dollar store.
Funnily enough I was talking to someone about the degradation of BA's amenity kits yesterday. I personally use the earplugs and the toothpaste/toothbrush (lets me put mine in the hold and not have to bother with the liquids bag at security). Everything else in the bag is wasted.

I like the way QR put their toothbrushes and toothpaste in the WCs. If you need some, it's there. It would be far less wasteful to do this with everything; load enough on the plane for everyone and there will be plenty left over at the end of the flight. The money saved could be spent on improving the quality (wishful thinking, I know).

I rarely take the pen as it's useless and I have my own. A decent quality pen with a subtle speedbird logo would be used however. BA are missing a trick, I reckon. It's cheap advertising.
Old May 13, 2016, 1:03 pm

OS has an awful J service; small hard and cramped seats. Food offering declined about five years ago. I stopped flying with them.

How you can possibly prefer them to BA F is unbelievable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.