Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Status updated to Gold - Oneworld still shows Sapphire

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Amex Platinum

Hi all

My status updated to Gold on Saturday (not just 'Gold Achieved' but the app changed colour and my app card has changed). However I've gone to check in for an Iberia flight online this morning (flight is tomorrow) and it's still showing as Sapphire... Does it sometimes take a while to update in the Oneworld database too?

It doesn't impact me hugely as there are no First Class lounges in MAD (obviously I want the full Avios bonus) - but is this lag a known issue?
Old May 2, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Try removing your BAEC number and re-inputting it into the booking.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks - I did that (removed on Finnair then re-added in Iberia) - still the same... Weird.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I recall it takes about 3 weeks for status to change in oneworld servers. I had a similar issue on AA, if you show your gold card on the BA app they will recognise you as OWE on board. Write to BA if they don't credit you the correct amount of Avios.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Guest
I found that all my OneWorld bookings failed to update after a status change. At airport check-in in HKG, Cathay staff manually updated it for me. Qatar weren't bothered what it showed when I flew with them and didn't change it. American Airlines updated a booking while I was transiting LAX. I raised this with BA at the time, but didn't hear back from them.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Good pointers - thanks all! I'll give it time, show my card if necessary and check I'm getting all my Avios.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
LAX

I and a guest were allowed into the AA first lounge when I changed from Silver to Gold on production of my BA app showing that I was Gold.

I was grateful as the difference between the two lounges was significant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.