Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flydrive MIAMI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Flydrive MIAMI

Hi I need to fly out to Miami on 30th / 31st March 2017. BA Flights has been trickling out recently. I am prepared to do a stop over to make things cheaper. With this mind I have found a two week flydrive for around £460 each (for two weeks). That's flying LHR to MAD then onto MIA with a direct flight back. Would love to go direct each but cost is £200 extra pp! This seems a great price to me but I ready to be told otherwise!?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Ex-LHR that's an amazing price - the car is worth £100 each on its own. So it's effectively ex-EU money without the turnaround.

Does anyone know what planes Iberia will be flying on that route then? (I've never flown Iberia's economy, but I understand that the old product is some way behind even BA's older 777-200s).

Edit: please ignore this bit as I saw that you'd be flying direct. I'd be less worried about the layover on the way out. [The other thing is that I'd check the timings - Iberia's transatlantic flights tend to leave early in the afternoon and arrive pre 7 a.m. Spanish time, which is not great for jetlag.]
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:48 am
Original Poster

The flight on the way back is a BA flight direct from MIA to LHR, departs 17:05. On way out it is flying from LHR (BA 6:15) to MAD and then MAD (Iberia 11:40) to MIA. Since I checked things have changed and those prices are no longer available - the prices are changing daily if not twice a day and it making me feel quite dizzy!! For a couple of hundred extra I can do the same journey but this time flight out is direct (which is my preference) and the then flying back to LHR via MAD.
I have just checked the direct only flight option and I am just one day out on the return date from bagging a total bargain. I would change my inbound date if I could but i am on a cruise and it does not complete until the day following :-(
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Sorry just realised that I have posted this in the wrong forum, is admin able to move this the Florida board please?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
The Iberia flight MAD-MIA is frequently on the A340, although I have never used this service before. Just to reiterate those prices are awesome, and sometimes it's the unfortunate case of snooze you lose I'm afraid. However with it being so far in advance I would guess there is every chance that great fares will be around again if checked on a daily basis. I've often found some of the best fares to MIA in Y with car etc. can be bagged in the end of summer sale encompassing your dates.

Also FWIW I think you have just about posted in the correct forum as the general query was regarding BA flight/car prices
Old May 2, 2016, 9:24 am
Original Poster

To get the discounted Flydrive price I have to have the car for the duration of the holiday, however we are taking a cruise during the second week. So i will either need to park up and leave the car somewhere close to FL port or alternatively return the car early to Avis, anyone done this before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.