Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I would like to see BA fly to ...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
BOG - I don't see it happening with IB heading there from MAD, and I personally dont enjoy the direct AV departure times.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by dylanks
One of BA's recent strategies has been to add capacity to secondary airports or nearby markets rather than adding another flight to the same airport (SJC, SAN, AUS), as well as adding some redundancy out of London airports besides LHR (LGW-JFK, and the weekend STN flights).

In that context, I think some options include:

* ONT (SNA would be better but cannot happen because of runway limitations)... Would give the millions of people in So Cal that do not live on the west side a better option than LAX, and is relatively close to Palm
Springs)
* PDX (offset some SEA demand)
* SMF (mid point between Bay Area and Lake Tahoe, and capital of CA)

I would also like to see more options to Germany and other major European cities from non-LHR (eg ARN, MUC, etc.).

DPS would also be nice. I could see flying PHX-LHR-DPS. If timed well, it would be about the same as PHX-LAX-HKG-DPS.
Agree, it's a good strategy. But I see LGW flights more supplementing LHR flights to the same destination than routing to alternative destinations.

PDX to SEA is a non-trivial trip, especially after a 9hr 30 minute flight. I wonder whether the PDX traffic really routes mostly via SEA, or whether it goes through DFW/ORD/CLT/PHL hubs which have direct flights.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA silver.
Originally Posted by Paren
Was also about to post about FNJ.

I reckon it could be profitable
+1 for FNJ but only if you get the same non-stop patriotic music and the "guess the mystery meat inside this sandwich" game that Air Koryo provides.

...yeah, BA will get landing rights at Pyongyang Sunan International Airport right around the time Supreme Leader authorises a Taco Bell and a Chabad House.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Xi'an and Taipei would be on my wishlist. TPE is very well served out of HKG though and to echo corporate-wage-slave’s point, I suspect this outstation would be prohibitively expensive to staff - Taiwan ’s corporate taxation is punitive on non-national companies operating on the island.

Jakarta and Santiago are other obvious blind spots
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Why does it make sense for BA to fly a flight where they have to stop along the way, maybe not even daily, instead of being able to offer several flights a day via somewhere using codeshares? You've got to get off the plane at the stopover point anyway etc etc...

Because I fly to BNE regularly? There's a reason why I'm not running an airline, much less a global one.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:56 pm

LEQ.Convenient for me.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
SCL [Santiago, Chille]. Currently looking at flights there for next year and all are very pricy involving a change somewhere along the way. I always thought the 787 was able to do it non-stop? Maybe I'm wrong but yes, to SCL please!

edit: Did BA used to fly here? I recall someone saying it stopped at Rio on the way!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
BWF

Never going to happen, so would settle for CAX.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by madfish
BWF

Never going to happen, so would settle for CAX.
Top of the list for when Stobart buys BA
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
An EDI route direct to a USA hub (ORD or JFK). The "quick" connection through LHR adds several hours to every trip when you take the waiting around into account.

There's enough traffic on the United/AA flights from EDI to demonstrate demand, and if BA set up a competing service I imagine most passengers would prefer to book BA (if only because the US airlines assign rickety old aircraft to these routes). BA already has a nice lounge and plenty of desks at EDI.

My hope is that Holyrood slash APD to create an incentive.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by CountryKerry
SCL [Santiago, Chile].

edit: Did BA used to fly here? I recall someone saying it stopped at Rio on the way!
It was served behind EZE - so another one of those expensive end sectors that BA was keen to drop.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Mars. Let's be explorers again!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by technical_bob
An EDI route direct to a USA hub (ORD or JFK).
Agreed, but EDI-BOS would get my vote rather than duplicating existing services into JFK or ORD. And none of this seasonal nonsense.

Originally Posted by technical_bob
There's enough traffic on the United/AA flights from EDI to demonstrate demand, and if BA set up a competing service I imagine most passengers would prefer to book BA (if only because the US airlines assign rickety old aircraft to these routes).
The 757s aren't great but I've been on my fair share of clapped out BA aircraft on TATL routes. Not everything BA flies is a shiny new A380.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CountryKerry
SCL [Santiago, Chille]. Currently looking at flights there for next year and all are very pricy involving a change somewhere along the way. I always thought the 787 was able to do it non-stop? Maybe I'm wrong but yes, to SCL please!

Consider originating in Scandinavia or permitting yourself to transit in North America. We've seen J fares under £1300
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Mars. Let's be explorers again!
Are you referring to Mars, PA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.