Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Downgraded J-Y on AA due to plane change - original TP credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)

Next summer’s family holiday is to North America, and part of it involves a flight from Toronto to Chicago on AA (well, Republic as American Eagle), which we had originally booked in J. This week I found out that we had been moved to Y, as the flight number has changed and is now operated by Envoy (as American Eagle), and the plane has no J seats.

That of itself is no big deal for such a short flight, but the lower TPs will be the difference between Master and Miss Scrutton Street retaining their nice shiny silver cards this year.

AA did offer to rebook us on a much later flight which had J but that wouldn’t have worked with the rest of the itinerary.

If we apply to BA after the event, will we be able to get the 40TPs for the original booking?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
If we apply to BA after the event, will we be able to get the 40TPs for the original booking?
As you have been offered another service, you will not qualify for the ORC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.