Wiki Posts
Search

Changing TA booking when closed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Changing TA booking when closed

Hi all,

I made a booking through American Express travel which I need to change for this weekend. It seems that Amex is now closed until Tue. What on earth can I do in this situation - I'm guessing BA won't touch the booking until 24 hours prior to the existing flight departure?

Thanks,

James
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm surprised Amex travel doesn't have an emergency line for that sort of thing. I thought that they had for Centurions and Platinums at least? As you say, BA won't touch the booking so it is a matter of trying to figure out if there is anyone at Amex who can help you or else waiting for 24 hours before travel to make the change (assuming it is not to travel earlier!)
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:41 pm

Does the message tell you what to do in an emergency ? Even my tiny corporate travel agent has outsourced 24hr line for urgent actions

Otherwise fire up Skype and try their US number 1-312-980-7807
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The # and method of contact will differ by location and OP does not provide that (although I am guessing that he is in Europe with holidays on Friday & Monday), but Amex always has 24/7 emergency service. That is part of the offering.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Often1
The # and method of contact will differ by location and OP does not provide that (although I am guessing that he is in Europe with holidays on Friday & Monday), but Amex always has 24/7 emergency service. That is part of the offering.
Actually I've been told no on this in the USA for some AmEx ticket offices. CTS/PTS have agents to answer phones 24/7, as do most corporate AmEx contracts, but if you use some of their "local" offices (even the ones where you're located elsewhere and call via a toll free phone number), they're only available during set office hours.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:49 am
Original Poster

This was a UK website booking

So I guess I have been really fortunate - as it is a Bank Holiday Friday the online team is off work but they seem to have left the phone line on and it was picked up by someone in the platinum team. However, when I tried at 10pm last night I just got the office closed message. He was in the end able to make the change but said if it had included a hotel he would have had to find a trained person who can handle website bookings which there aren't many on his team.

He confirmed that if you make a booking online, there is no service coverage outside M-F 9-5 even for emergencies unless you are Platinum or Centurion card holder.

Be warned! If you are stuck abroad on a weekend and need to get home - you won't be able to count on the Amex travel team!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Glad it worked out.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Are you sure about this? I believe there is a 24-hour Brighton (01293) number to call for Amex, where there is always someone to help with travel.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Are you sure about this? I believe there is a 24-hour Brighton (01293) number to call for Amex, where there is always someone to help with travel.
Happy to be proved wrong - just based on what the guy on the phone said and the information on the website
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Strange. I don't have a basic Amex, so I don't know, but I've called them at all hours and always had someone reply. There are also global open hours, so you could try that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.