Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Golden Ticket - is there a point submitting one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Hello,

On my recent trip to Far Asia I have encounter a cabin crew member, who I decided to award a Golden Ticket. I did it through the web form on ba.com.

My question is - do BA staff receive anything about them? I am just curious - I wish I had a starbucks card or something similar to say thank you at the end of the flight, but sadly it was our outbound sector to BKK.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I am sure that a member of staff from BA will comment more accurately than I can but from just my experience.

We flew on the A380 in F to MIA and enjoyed the tasting menu which was served with a few slip ups by a charming member of crew so we just turned the whole thing into a joke. She was overwhelmed when I gave her a golden ticket and the CSD also thanked me for recognising a member of staff
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-receives.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...en-ticket.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-basis-12.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ine-staff.html
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by megaloman
My question is - do BA staff receive anything about them?
No.... We do not.

If it is submitted online, we get an email from someone in the Rewards and Recognitions department and possibly our ground manager.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And then you get .......?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Can I help you
And then you get .......?
Ha... No further comment on what we get. As once said, I can't take it back... And the bucket is at the overflow level...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BBB I noticed a Eurofleet chap had posted to his Twitter a copy of the letter he had received from his manager on a BA.com/welldone submission. The customers comments are not copied verbatim. I thought this was interesting because it meant management can choose what they let the staff member see.

I found this funny because I have made a passing comment about how management need to value something or other and I didn't feel like this was happening. I bet this was redacted!
u01sss3 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
BBB I noticed a Eurofleet chap had posted to his Twitter a copy of the letter he had received from his manager on a BA.com/welldone submission. The customers comments are not copied verbatim. I thought this was interesting because it meant management can choose what they let the staff member see.

I found this funny because I have made a passing comment about how management need to value something or other and I didn't feel like this was happening. I bet this was redacted!
Yes, correct. They only show us part of what was written. So, you don't know if it is everything or not.

Anyhow...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: Working towards being a Bronze member
In Customer Relations if we receive a Golden Ticket. We make a fuss of the exec who gets it. Someone had theirs given at their team briefing by Jon Rowell who is head of CR (he was up visiting, it's not a normal thing for him to give them).
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have to make an appointment in our own time to have our manager thank us, most of us don't bother.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Is it only GGL cardholders who get issued Golden Tickets? I'm a GCH and I can't see them anywhere.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:06 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
We have to make an appointment in our own time to have our manager thank us, most of us don't bother.
Bl@@dy hell, that is depressing (from a customer respective).
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
We do receive a letter telling us you submitted a Golden ticket and if you give the ticket to a SCCM like a CSD, CSM or a E/F Purser, it is recorded in their performance dashboard now which is used to grade their performance.

Some crew who have received a lot of Golden Tickets have attended the odd event but most just get it noted on their file.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by headingwest
Is it only GGL cardholders who get issued Golden Tickets? I'm a GCH and I can't see them anywhere.
Try going to your Exec Club landing page, and look on the left column at the bottom of it.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by megaloman
I wish I had a starbucks card or something similar to say thank you at the end of the flight,
They're not that poorly paid they can't afford to buy themselves a coffee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.