Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge in Port Elizabeth?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Smile BA Lounge in Port Elizabeth?

Mrs nollag and I are taking a domestic flight within South Africa with BA, flying business class

Flight departs from Port Elizabeth.

Is there a business class lounge, with access for BA business class passengers?

Any good?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
You will be flying with Comair which is a subsidiary of BA. Just thought that needed pointing out. No doubt our of our regular South African travellers will be able to answer the lounge question.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GFL GGL/CCR, VS Lifetime Gold
I currently work in Port Elizabeth so this is my local airport.

BA do not have a 'SLOW' lounge in PE. They use the bid vest lounge which is very pleasant.

However a word of warning. I never turn up early as it just isn't necessary at this airport. However a few weeks ago Zuma was in town and they were shutting roads so I had to go to the airport early to get there. I got to the lounge 2:10 before the flight was due to depart and was to told they would not allow me in more than 2 hours before the flight!!!!! So sat outside the door for 10 mins!!! I have complained to BA and not really had a satisfactory answer!

So in summary nice lounge overlooking the runway, but don't get there early!!!!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks chspw1

We are dropping off our Avis hire car at the airport. Is it a long way from the terminal, do you know?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GFL GGL/CCR, VS Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nollag
Thanks chspw1

We are dropping off our Avis hire car at the airport. Is it a long way from the terminal, do you know?
A 30 second walk from the car rental car park to check in or security. plz is known as the 10 min airport.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Thanks chspw1

It is a pretty small airport... I did the same rental car droppoff... literally right outside the terminal, so not to worry
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Thanks chspw1

Nope it's right outside the door where you drop off the rental car .. you just cross the road and you're at the terminal - 30 second walk ... It's a small airport you don't need to be there early, 60-90 minutes before departure is totally adequate .. If you need to fill up the rental car there's a petrol station right at the airport roundabout as well ... Lounge is fine, but it's quite small .. I wouldn't be turning up at the airport early for a visit to it !
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

THanks all

Really looking forward to my hols now

It's Mrs nollag's first visit to SA, and I am 100% sure she will fall in love with the place as much as I did
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by BLHD
You will be flying with Comair which is a subsidiary of BA.
Minor note: While BA/IAG do own 11.5% of Comair, BA operated by Comair is a BA franchise, not a subsidiary.

Source: IAG Annual Report 2015, p227

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.