Fly KUL-SIN-SYD, use of lounge and TP?

Old Mar 9, 16, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC
Fly KUL-SIN-SYD, use of lounge and TP?

Will be flying KUL-SIN-SYD on May, the shortest connection is on 3K (Jet Star Asia ) from KUL to SIN. It will be ticketed by BA.

Question 1: Any lounge could be used as BA silver ?

Question 2: Any TP could be earned on 3K?

Question 3: Any experience of an overnight stay in SIN?

Thx
Old Mar 9, 16, 12:47 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
1. No
2. No if it is booked under a 3K flight code
Old Mar 9, 16, 7:12 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM (ex-EXP :( ), BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by neofung View Post
Thx
It's very easy to get to central Singapore and stay in a hotel there (as long as you can enter Singapore with whatever travel documents you have).

If you want to stay at the airport, basic shops are open 24 hours, and http://minoritynomad.com/sleep-airpo...-best-airport/ lists a bunch of things you can do. There's also a transit hotel.

Singapore is hot, well-organised, and somewhat boring overall but you can find something to do overnight, even if it's look around at a museum and eat food.
Old Mar 9, 16, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
It's very easy to get to central Singapore and stay in a hotel there (as long as you can enter Singapore with whatever travel documents you have).

If you want to stay at the airport, basic shops are open 24 hours, and http://minoritynomad.com/sleep-airpo...-best-airport/ lists a bunch of things you can do. There's also a transit hotel.

Singapore is hot, well-organised, and somewhat boring overall but you can find something to do overnight, even if it's look around at a museum and eat food.

Thanks for your information. My flight leave SIN at 0740 on the next morning, so I may just stayed in airport.
Old Mar 9, 16, 7:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Mergers and dispersal
Thanks for your information. My flight leave SIN at 0740 on the next morning, so I may just stayed in airport.
Who is operating your flight from SIN to SYD? Assuming it's BA, it wouldn't be 0740 am - it'll be in the evening.

There are transit hotel facilities as well as a Crowne Plaza at SIN.

http://www.changiairport.com/en/airp...it-hotels.html

http://www.crowneplaza.com/hotels/gb/en/singapore
Old Mar 9, 16, 8:54 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
Who is operating your flight from SIN to SYD? Assuming it's BA, it wouldn't be 0740 am - it'll be in the evening.

There are transit hotel facilities as well as a Crowne Plaza at SIN.
I second Crowne Plaza at SIN - it couldn't be easier as it's awfully convenient for early morning departures.

Otherwise, staying in town would be better to sample the cuisine. The taxis to/from airport are really cheap and reasonably quick.
Old Mar 9, 16, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP & Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globlalist
Will be flying KUL-SIN-SYD on May, the shortest connection is on 3K (Jet Star Asia ) from KUL to SIN. It will be ticketed by BA.

Thx
I am confused. If you are flying KUL-SIN-SYD with SIN-SYD departing around 20:00-ish, you don't need an overnight in SIN and there'll be plenty of MH flights that'll connect you to BA15 (and you can use the MH/CX lounge in KUL).
Old Mar 9, 16, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nov11 View Post
I am confused. If you are flying KUL-SIN-SYD with SIN-SYD departing around 20:00-ish, you don't need an overnight in SIN and there'll be plenty of MH flights that'll connect you to BA15 (and you can use the MH/CX lounge in KUL).

I mean SYD-SIN-KUL, the BA16 arrives SIN at 2145, and my 3K flight leaves 07:10+1 or MH leaves at 07:40+1
Old Mar 9, 16, 11:43 pm

Thx
My experience is admittedly almost 4 years old but I was able to access the CX lounge in KUL on a 3K ticket as long as I had an onward OneWorld flight (QF in this case). I was a QF Platinum in those days.

I exercised this option 5-6 times and never had a problem, even though the QF flight was always on a separate ticket and, at least once, was on the following day.
Old Mar 10, 16, 12:12 am

I mean SYD-SIN-KUL, the BA16 arrives SIN at 2145, and my 3K flight leaves 07:10+1 or MH leaves at 07:40+1
If 3K/MH price is about the same, just take MH. At least your bags can be checked all the way through (I don't know if you are traveling on the same ticket and I don't know if BA will check your bags to KUL on 3K if it's on a separate ticket).

Unless you need to be in KL 30 minutes earlier, I prefer sleeping in for another 30 minutes.
Old Mar 10, 16, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nov11 View Post
If 3K/MH price is about the same, just take MH. At least your bags can be checked all the way through (I don't know if you are traveling on the same ticket and I don't know if BA will check your bags to KUL on 3K if it's on a separate ticket).

Unless you need to be in KL 30 minutes earlier, I prefer sleeping in for another 30 minutes.
It's around 70 different ...
Old Mar 10, 16, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Lounge access (?), tier points (?), interlining a bag and an extra half hour in bed are all worth something though.
Old Mar 10, 16, 10:23 am

At that time of the day, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on lounge access. I wouldn't wake up earlier to spend more time in the lounge and MH closed its own lounge in SIN and uses the SATS premier lounge now (I haven't been to this lounge and I can't tell if it's for better or worse).

If I were you and the price difference is 70, I'd probably take the 3K flight (unless you want the TP). It's about 35 minutes wheels up to wheels down, but in the end it's all up to you. Is the 70 worth the extra 30 minutes of sleep, TP, and possibly bags checked all the way (you said it's going to be in the same ticket).