Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX>LHR in First. What Lounge at T5?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

AA LAX>LHR in First. What Lounge at T5?

Hi everyone. As my title suggests, I am flying to LHR on American in First Class and then flying to Gothenburg on BA in Club Europe. What lounge will I be able to use upon arrival at T5? Galleries or First? Thanks!

Mark
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by radelow
Hi everyone. As my title suggests, I am flying to LHR on American in First Class and then flying to Gothenburg on BA in Club Europe. What lounge will I be able to use upon arrival at T5? Galleries or First? Thanks!

Mark
Do you hold any status with a Oneworld airline?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
Do you hold any status with a Oneworld airline?
It doesn't matter. OP is arriving on oneworld in F so can use Galleries First. Just make sure to keep your inbound BP to show at the entrance.

(If OP was on BA from LAX it would be CCR but AA only gets you into GF.)
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Galleries first, but not the Concorde room. Keep your inbound boarding pass for access.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, EH Gold, AZ FAP, SPG, IHG
Depending on the time you arrive, you might be better off going to the arrival lounge at T5 landside. It closes at 2pm. The breakfast service is much better, there is a private first class dining room and you might be able to book a spa treatment.

You can always go the GF afterwards.

If you hold a EU passport, the electronic gates are super quick and might be quicker than the transit desks.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The "First Class dining room" is actually the Concorde Breakfast Room, which is BA metal only. I wouldn't say the food in the Arrivals Lounge is any better than First Lounge airside, and it shouldn't be (same food, same cooking team). But the Spa point is a good one, plus there are 94 showers there rather than 17 or so airside.

If not able to use the e-gates I think on balance going straight to First Lounge (FLounge) airside is a better option.

You will need to transfer from T3 to T5, so best take the airside bus, then the details are in this forum's Dashboard guide to transfers at T5.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
I think what's on offer in GF is better than arrivals lounge. For example they will cook an omelette for you and you can make it a champagne breakfast
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Out of curiosity, if the OP was arriving on a BA codeshare flight number but AA metal would the answer be any different?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
Out of curiosity, if the OP was arriving on a BA codeshare flight number but AA metal would the answer be any different?
In respect of the Concorde Room or Concorde Breakfast Room? Still no access. It is considered an intrinsic part of the BA First product, not some other airline's first. So AA codeshare on BA metal in First would allow Concorde Rooms' access.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
I think what's on offer in GF is better than arrivals lounge. For example they will cook an omelette for you and you can make it a champagne breakfast
Agreed on F&B. Arrivals wins on showers and spa as mentioned above. Are AA pax allowed to use the spa though?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I prefer to stay airside so will just hit Galleries First. Is there a spa there as well?

I have been lucky enough to experience the Concorde Room a few times... Quite enjoyable! Thanks everyone!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by radelow
Thanks everyone! I prefer to stay airside so will just hit Galleries First. Is there a spa there as well?
Yes, there is... Make it your first stop to make your appointment though.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Yes, there is... Make it your first stop to make your appointment though.
I don't believe OP will get access with an onward short haul connection unless they are BA Gold, right?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
I don't believe OP will get access with an onward short haul connection unless they are BA Gold, right?
I think you are right, you need to be heading out on a long haul flight in CW/F - even if they are a GCH you need to be on a long haul although you don't need to be in CW/F.

Unlike lounge access where an inbound bp can get you in to a lounge before a short haul or domestic, I am not sure that works for the spa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.