Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pepsi [temporary substitution for Coca-Cola]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pepsi [temporary substitution for Coca-Cola]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
I'm now waiting for someone to post the question "How many Avios will I get for complaining about the cola enhancement?" It's only a matter of time, surely.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:16 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I will taste at Flounge T3 Tuesday
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I mentioned this possibility in another thread a while ago. You perhaps jest but very many lounges around the world have dispensers and it would certainly make an easy saving. I wouldn't rule it out.
Originally Posted by icegirl
I wonder if BA ever thought of switching from cans to dispensers? I am sure the long term cost saving must be great.

Eg: The No1 Lounge at LGW. I was there a few weeks ago and someone had been playing with the settings. Far too little syrup being dispensed.

In any event, I will often pass on fountain drinks. They usually bear little resemblance to the real thing. The exceptions being when at Nandos so that I can quell the Extra hot sauce with Sprite, or at Five Guys because everyone needs to find out what Sprite with lemon added to Coke with lime tastes like.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was surprised to be served Fever Tree tonic on a domestic LHR-EDI on Thursday evening.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Excellent, I do not buy products of the Coca Cola company because I am an old hippy and dont like some of their practices so it will be great to have Pepsi however temporary.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by passy777
It does indeed.

I bought some cans of diet coke in Vietnam and it was absolutely horrible. I accept that others will think the product is horrible irrespective of where it was manufactured, however, these were really bad.
I know where you are coming from...

Diet coke and coca cola light tastes different in pretty much every country. My preferred ones are UK and U.S. (There are differences between the two), and I had to get used to coca cola light in Singapore. It is also different to coca cola light in other countries in the region and within Europe there are differences too.

I have been known to pack and check boxes of diet coke to some countries (India being one) where I do not like the taste at all.

Another issue is Japan where diet coke simply doesn't exist (only Coke zero).

Oh and it needs to be in a can, no dispensers please. Pepsi only in 'emergencies'.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by silvergirl
Oh and it needs to be in a can
Indeed. Not even in bottles. And regular size cans.

I thought it was just me.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby

Not even in a glass bottle? Somehow that's the best tasting Coke.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Does this mean fanta will turn into sisi, sprite into 7up, LPGS into english sparkling cava?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by silvergirl
I know where you are coming from...

Diet coke and coca cola light tastes different in pretty much every country. My preferred ones are UK and U.S. (There are differences between the two), and I had to get used to coca cola light in Singapore. It is also different to coca cola light in other countries in the region and within Europe there are differences too.

I have been known to pack and check boxes of diet coke to some countries (India being one) where I do not like the taste at all.

Another issue is Japan where diet coke simply doesn't exist (only Coke zero).

Oh and it needs to be in a can, no dispensers please. Pepsi only in 'emergencies'.
Originally Posted by henkybaby

Originally Posted by Stez
1. Glass bottle
2. Can
3. Plastic bottle when kept in fridge away from strong smells at any point in its life
------- line of acceptability
4. Plastic bottles that have been near strong smells and therefore acquire that taint
5. Fountain (unless it's a bottomless glass, there is no other choice and I'm eating something spicy)

Has to be from the England (not Northern Ireland) or the US.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by orbitmic
ET is Schweppes only.
Not on tonight's GVA-LGW : Fever tree all the way
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Stez
+1. Another clear vote for glass bottles here. I very rarely have Coke, but if I do, glass bottle is my way to go... And no diet or whatever, just the regular stuff.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
...was the Schweppes served in ET, WT or Domestic?
Tonight on the LGW-EDI run the CSD/CM (sorry, not sure of his correct title) generously offered to 'super size' my G&T, so I naturally accepted and it came with a Schweppes and a Fevertree. So in the name of scientific research for this thread I drank them both. I liked them both but I'm not really sure I could tell the difference. But I could certainly feel the difference when I got off the plane...
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bafan
Isn't that just water ?
(Referring to Caffeine Free Diet Coke.. or Coke Zero in this case.)

CFDC is what DW (Ms. G'less) calls "brown water with bubbles" and it's almost all that I drink.. and I do drink a lot of it.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Here's an interesting factoid.

My brother is a true Road Warrior. He's a long-distance trucker, criss-crossing the 48 states several times a month. He's on the interstate highways, not in the air. (At 6'5" he hates to fly.)

He has a mini-fridge in his truck cab and for the past 30 years he's kept it stocked up with Pepsi. He was drinking a couple of six-packs a day.

About four months ago, he switched to cold water instead of Pepsi. He lost 25 pounds without making any other changes in diet or exercise.

FYI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.