Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Silk Cut
Belfast Do - Saturday 10th September 2016
I'm sure that MickV's busy, so as I've just booked my flight I thought I'd take the initiative and start the wiki . He's given some ideas of places to stay and transport here.

Robinson and Cleaver (http://www.robinsonandcleaver.com/) - meet at 6pm
Booking of 20 people inside. We can move outside to the terrace if the weather is nice. Location map here - it is on the north side of city hall.

Interested in a city tour - Calchas, hcuk94, Nufnuf77, GadgetGal, KARFA
Confirmed for R&C - MickV, LondonAndy, KARFA,GadgetGal, Calchas, hcuk94 ,tomparskate, noniron, MsCapricorn, Sealink, haasha, catharsis

Maybe onto the Duke of York after?

Attending

MickV
KARFA
LondonAndy
Paul4040
rxfleming
Sealink
Tobias-UK + Lady Tobias
noniron
nufnuf77
Calchas
Tomparskate
haasha
catharsis
MsCapricorn
GadgetGal
hcuk94

Possible
bd95
flatlander
JamieABZ
PETER01
ratechaser
srbrenna + Mrs srbrenna
thejohn

Flights

Friday 9 September - flight arrival time shown
BA1426 21:15 (LHR - BHD): LondonAndy, haasha, Calchas

Saturday 10 September- flight arrival time shown
BE121 07:45 (GLA - BHD): hcuk94
EZY603 08:15 (LPL - BFS): Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias
BE730 08:20 (LBA - BHD): KARFA
BA1424 08:35 (LHR - BHD): Sealink, GadgetGal
BE362 08:45 (EMA - BHD): nufnuf77
BE125 12.05 (GLA - BHD): MsCapricorn
EZY486 16:15 ( EDI-BFS) : tomparskate

Sunday 11 September - flight departure time shown
BA1415 13:25 (BHD - LHR): KARFA, Calchas, GadgetGal
BE1355 13:35 (BHD - LCY): hcuk94
EZY610 14:50 (BFS - LPL): Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias
BE130 16:25 (BHD - GLA): MsCapricorn
BA1419 19:00 (BHD - LHR): LondonAndy; Sealink
BA1421 20:05 (BHD - LHR): haasha
EZY487 21:35 ( BFS- EDI) : tomparskate

Hotels

Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter:

The Merchant: In the heart of the Cathedral Quarter, probably Belfast’s best hotel. Normally around £220 per night. Fabulous cocktail bar, again, probably the best in Belfast. Food is over-rated and can be poor. Walking: City Hall 5 minutes. Ivory 5 minutes. Duke of York 2 minutes.

The Hilton: FlyerTalkers in Residence: KARFA Standard Hilton fair. Location can be a bit dodgy a night but I have never had a problem. I always find it over priced money and points wise. 5 minutes to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Fitzwilliam: Relatively new hotel. Decent sized rooms with good atmosphere. Very central, beside the main bus station. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Europa: FlyerTalkers in Residence: Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias, Sealink It is known as the "most bombed hotel in Europe" and the "most bombed hotel in the world" after having suffered 28 bomb attacks during the Troubles. It is fantastic. Slightly old, slightly small rooms but the place has it. Good staff, good bar, good transport links. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.
lowcostholidays link

Park Inn: FlyerTalkers in Residence: Catharsis, hcuk94, GadgetGal Standard Park Inn for you Club Carlson fan boys. Hard to get a hotel any closer to City Hall. 1 minute walk to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 7 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

Ten Square: Beside city hall. Always packed with Early Saturday drinkers. Not for me.

Transport:
Belfast International (BFS): Served by Easyjet and Ryanair. It is named International because it is probably closer to the International Space Station than Belfast City Centre. Getting into Town will probably take 30 minutes by taxi (£35-£40) or 45-50 minutes by bus. I think the bus runs every 15 minutes or so and cost £7.50 one way, £10.50 return.

Belfast City (BHD): Served by BA, Flybe and Aer Lingus. Centrally located. 10 minutes by taxi roughly £15-£20. Bus about 20 minutes. Bus is also every fifteen minutes and the main bus station is beside the Europa Hotel.

Dublin Airport (DUB): £8 by bus pre booked online and will take 2 hours 15/30 minutes.

Things to do in Belfast:
http://visit-belfast.com has everything really. The only thing to be careful about is tours to the North coast can take hours and hours. I would recommend the Titanic centre and the Black taxi tour. The black taxi tour is fantastic and takes you through some of the real flash points in Belfast and give a great insight to the City, plus it’s very funny.
Print Wikipost

Belfast Do 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I am interested in booking a black cab tour to Bushmills Whiskey Distillery earlier in the day:

http://belfastblackcabtours.co.uk/bushmills.php

If anyone else is interested, the price gets a bit cheaper or alternatively we arranged alternative means of transport

http://belfastblackcabtours.co.uk/cost.php
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
MickV - how many have you booked the table for at R&C on Saturday? I assume that people have to sign up in advance, and that you'll have to commit the number to them a couple of days before? Do you want people to do that through the wiki, or by PM?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
MickV - how many have you booked the table for at R&C on Saturday? I assume that people have to sign up in advance, and that you'll have to commit the number to them a couple of days before? Do you want people to do that through the wiki, or by PM?
Through the Wiki, may be a good idea to confirm numbers now.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
I am interested in booking a black cab tour to Bushmills Whiskey Distillery earlier in the day:

If anyone else is interested, the price gets a bit cheaper or alternatively we arranged alternative means of transport

I think that the costs they quote are for the Belfast tour, not the Bushmills tour. It's about 60 - 90 minutes drive from Belfast to Bushmills, and I really can't see them doing it for £30. The competitors seem to be charging £150 - £170 per cab. If you were going to go to Bushmills I'd really recommend going to the Giant's Causeway, as it's only about another 10 minutes or so further away. If you get really stuck I'm sure that LondonAndy Tours can help out
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat

I assume that the cost quoted is for the city tour only - bushmills is a 60 mile up to 90 minute drive (each way) north of the city.... so if he is offering that for GBP30 for three people it would seem like exceptional value.... but I'd suspect that the costs quoted are for the city tour only.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I think that the costs they quote are for the Belfast tour, not the Bushmills tour. It's about 60 - 90 minutes drive from Belfast to Bushmills, and I really can't see them doing it for £30. The competitors seem to be charging £150 - £170 per cab. If you were going to go to Bushmills I'd really recommend going to the Giant's Causeway, as it's only about another 10 minutes or so further away. If you get really stuck I'm sure that LondonAndy Tours can help out

I knew the whiskey tour would be proved separately, it's £7.50 each per adult. I'm waiting for a reply on my enquiry re pricing.

In an any case - would anyone be interested in the whiskey tour? Im sure (as I mentioned earlier) other means of transport could me looked at/

Last edited by GadgetGal; Sep 5, 2016 at 7:54 am Reason: addendum
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Absolutely still coming this weekend and very much looking forward to it.

GadgetGal, tour looks interesting but atm I wouldn't be able to commit to coming along on Saturday. Sorry.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:10 am

I have just tidied up the wiki to reflect we are meeting at 6pm at R&C just in case anyone wasn't sure.

I have added a 'confirmed' list for R&C, as noted by LondonAndy and MickV please add your name to the wiki as confirmed (or just post and someone else will) if you are definitely still coming so MickV can confirm numbers.

Weather doesn't look too bad this weekend - mostly sunny on Saturday and up to 17C.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Thanks for the advice MickV. I would definitely be up for a black cab tour. I just checked and they are not expensive at all - come at around £30 total, for up to 3 people for 1.5 hours. Would anyone else be interested in joining on Sat morning/afternoon for this?
Originally Posted by tomparskate
I'm arriving into Belfast International BFS around 0750am, So if anyone is up for meeting for lunch or even the Titanic museum I would happily
Do we have any movement on these plans—anyone still interested? For the black cab would we have to think about booking?

Originally Posted by KARFA
I have added a 'confirmed' list for R&C, as noted by LondonAndy and MickV please add your name to the wiki as confirmed (or just post and someone else will) if you are definitely still coming so MickV can confirm numbers.

Weather doesn't look too bad this weekend - mostly sunny on Saturday and up to 17C.
^
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm confirmed. Will add my flights to the wiki later
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am very much up for the black cab tour Calchas. I think Karfa was as well when we last spoke.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:09 am

The whiskey tour is done as part of Black Cabs' Beyoned Belfast tour which is 5-6 hours long and begins at 9am. I won't be in Belfast by then, and others are getting in late-morning as well.

Seeing as other are interested in the Belfast tours, shall we just do that?

Last edited by GadgetGal; Sep 6, 2016 at 9:45 am Reason: Grr mobile phone!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I am very much up for the black cab tour Calchas. I think Karfa was as well when we last spoke.
Karfa said upthread that he couldn't confirm(?)

So far we have:
Calchas
Nufnuff77
GadgetGal

Anyone else?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Karfa said upthread that he couldn't confirm(?)

So far we have:
Calchas
Nufnuff77
GadgetGal

Anyone else?
tomparskate are you in? Or we can meet you for lunch if you would prefer the Titanic museum.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:30 am

Let me check. Will let you know late today whether I can do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.