Wiki Posts
Search

BA/EI Codeshare - lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:14 am
Original Poster

BA/EI Codeshare - lounge access

Morning folks.

I've searched for the answer to this but everything that i have found seems to predate IAG hoovering up EI, or certainly before the EI metal flights got the BA codeshares added towards the end of last year.

A change in project at work means i am likely to be flying GLA-DUB return every week. Will my BAEC Silver card get me into the lounge at either airport on these flights? And will it matter if its the EI or BA code the flight is booked under? I realise i'll only pick up TP's if it's booked under the BA code but i suspect I will have little control over this, and worse i might end up on FR!

If i can indeed get access would it be to the BA or the EI(DUB)/3rd party (GLA) provided lounge at either end?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You only get lounge access with a Gold card AND a BA codeshared flight. On EI prime flights no access on that particular route. There is a different position for LON to DUB routes. On EI prime booking you can buy lounge access through EI's MMB, and you can do the same if you get EI's locator from BA and use that through Aer Lingus' website.

More information in the ORK/SNN/NOC guide in the Dashboard.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:05 am
Original Poster

CWS, thanks for the quick and concise answer.

Looks like i'm onto plumbs then whatever way i travel... And for the time being if it is EI coded i'll have nowhere to credit flights to as i'm not a current member of Gold circle. Hopefully the new club will allow me to build up something worthwhile.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by arbitrary
CWS, thanks for the quick and concise answer.

Looks like i'm onto plumbs then whatever way i travel... And for the time being if it is EI coded i'll have nowhere to credit flights to as i'm not a current member of Gold circle. Hopefully the new club will allow me to build up something worthwhile.
Yes you got a choice there: put your BAEC number on EI bookings to at least get a trivial number of Avios awarded to you (but get nowhere status wise), or to join Aer Club and get Avios and perhaps status with them. Depends on the fares then, since if you are paying sub £100 for these trips then I imagine Aer Club may be heavy going, since their status appears to be essentially driven by ticket cost.

In the medium term if EI join oneworld (I'm not aware of any date yet) then life will be a lot easier - but only if Aer Lingus Regional remains part of the set-up.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I got lounge access at T2 as a silver flying on a BA codeshare to SNN
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
I got lounge access at T2 as a silver flying on a BA codeshare to SNN
Yes, you do. London to SNN, ORK and DUB is different and for historical reasons there is lounge access there, for BA Silver and above, though not other oneworlds. It doesn't need to be a BA codeshare either, EI prime or other codeshares work too. (Incidentally, as I found out in a totally different offline context, we need to use LHR with T2, since EI uses DUB and T2.....)

More information in the ORK/SNN/NOC guide referenced above.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Follow up question.

I am flying JER-LGW-DUB - 2nd flight is BA number but EI operated.

Will it count towards my 4 segment minimum for status earning?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Follow up question.

I am flying JER-LGW-DUB - 2nd flight is BA number but EI operated.

Will it count towards my 4 segment minimum for status earning?
Yes, it will.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
to add on this old post, as i will be silver in 2 weeks.

If i'm flying on BA codeshare on EI, to north america, would i get lounge access at DUB?

Thanks,
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:59 am

Yes you should have access, if you can prove you are BA Silver, for example using the e-card on the App.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes you should have access, if you can prove you are BA Silver, for example using the e-card on the App.
great news thanks! Just clairfiying, it wouldn't be via LHR, but instead DUB-YYZ.

Last edited by aidy; Aug 16, 2016 at 9:58 am
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:50 am

I presume you're in economy. If so, I foresee no lounge access for you.

EI let BA Golds and Silvers in to their Gold Circle lounge at DUB only if you're flying with them to LHR or LGW.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I'm doing EDI-SNN return next week for work over 2 days, booked on BA.com with BA reference and BA flight number / codeshare although operated by Stobart Air for Aer Lingus; from my reading of the SNN guide via the dashboard it sounds as though I can get access to a lounge in SNN (as BA gold) but I'm not sure about lounge access in Edinburgh on the flight out?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by so3003
I'm doing EDI-SNN return next week for work over 2 days, booked on BA.com with BA reference and BA flight number / codeshare although operated by Stobart Air for Aer Lingus; from my reading of the SNN guide via the dashboard it sounds as though I can get access to a lounge in SNN (as BA gold) but I'm not sure about lounge access in Edinburgh on the flight out?
No, it's in theory the other way around. Because you are on the Stobart service there is no lounge access from SNN, you would get it on the London services. You could use it if Priority Pass. As a BA Gold you should get EDI lounge access, but it would be good to have that confirmed. It is in the guidelines but there are reports of staff not knowing about codeshare access for Golds.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:54 pm

Until Aer Lingus join Oneworld there is no access at EDInburgh.
Flights have to be operated AND marketed by a Oneworld carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.