Wiki Posts
Search

How many spa treatments?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Brown
How many spa treatments?

Hello, can you book more than one treatment ahead of time at the spa when in first? Looking at two treatments, or rather my wife is!!!

FP
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Given how difficult they are to book, even in advance in First, you'd be lucky to get one! I've never seen a sign saying you are only entitled to one, but I guess that's the expectation.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Very unlikely they would book two treatments for one passenger given the difficulty of getting anything. You could try to book one for you and one for the wife consequetively and then sort things out on the day. It's not a spa by any reasonable definition it's an electric massage chair and they offer mini facials and other short 10-15 minute treatments. They can be nice but it can also be very hot and I find the chair very uncomfortable.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Given how difficult they are to book, even in advance in First, you'd be lucky to get one! I've never seen a sign saying you are only entitled to one, but I guess that's the expectation.
I was very surprised yesterday.

I have an F trip to SYD coming up and hadn't booked a treatment (and am normally not bothered about it but a friend had an aviator treatment last time we travelled which he said was very good). So I called GGL yesterday (couldn't find YouFirst number on MMB but the GGL lady confirmed that it's the same team who answer the phone) and bingo, aviator facial at my preferred time booked for week tomorrow.

Quite unexpected ^
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You can't book two and I personally think it would be unfair to allow two considering there aren't enough slots for everyone already!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by chris1979
I was very surprised yesterday.

I have an F trip to SYD coming up and hadn't booked a treatment (and am normally not bothered about it but a friend had an aviator treatment last time we travelled which he said was very good). So I called GGL yesterday (couldn't find YouFirst number on MMB but the GGL lady confirmed that it's the same team who answer the phone) and bingo, aviator facial at my preferred time booked for week tomorrow.

Quite unexpected ^
We always book 1 month in advance for the aviator facial, never have a problem with suggesting times, will be looking forward to this prior to our SYD flight in 10 days time^
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by BA5E
We always book 1 month in advance for the aviator facial, never have a problem with suggesting times, will be looking forward to this prior to our SYD flight in 10 days time^
I've usually not rushed to pre-book stuff as I don't really think these treatments do much - but given the feedback on here, I did not expect to get my preferred treatment at my preferred time 10 days out.

When are you flying to SYD?

I am going in now 8 days time.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.