Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short BA789 F product review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Sounds good, if there were 3 crew in First one of the other cabins couldn't have been busy as the standard number of crew in First on the -9 is 2.
Maybe, however the CSD advised during a chat that it was the first time for the entire crew on the 789.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by 81romeo
It is indeed.

Also, the F washroom was used quite often by the 4 pilots. Before landing, one of the two Captains came out and all 8 of us queuing had to go back to our seats. Not ideal.
The entire cabin was in an orderly queue? I've never been in An 8-deep queue for the loo, even in Y. Didn't anyone think to go back to the J loos? I dispare sometimes.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by scillyisles
I guess you have not flown F on an A380 for some time - the hangers in the personal wardrobe were changed to wooden ones quite some time ago.
Could be, I don't get to fly F that often. My last F trips on the A380 and 747 were JFK and MIA in June last year.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Hi guys, I'm flying this product on Thursday with my Mum and currently booked in 1E/1F but 1K/2K are available. I keep going round in circles which pair to chose. It's a day flight and want to "share" this experience e.g raising glasses of champagne and commenting on the food as we eat together etc and generally talking rather than watching TV. Whilst I would prefer a window seat if there is no buddy seat now I think the middle seats are better to enable us to do this right? However my question is can you see each other clearly in these new seats when fully sat back and feel close to each other? they look quite far apart with a lot of middle section? I'd actually prefer 2E/2F for a better outlook on the cabin but bizarrely it won't let me chose them even though they are available because it is saying 2F is an infant seat (does anyone know if this opens up at T-24?).
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
For any kind of social experience it absolutely has to be the middle seats E&F

Especially on a day flight. You won’t even be able to share a drink together in As or Ks

Have a look at my TR as well for further details

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...789-first.html
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:08 pm

Thanks mikeyfly that's exactly the answer I was looking for and great TR. I've been looking for one like yours for weeks! I'm also very much looking forward to relaxing with a glass of LPGS.

Very interesting you pick up on those cleaning issues. I raised this exact same issue with the CSD regarding the state of the bins on the UD of a flight to SIN recently. They were disgusting but nothing 5 minutes with a damp sponge wouldn't have fixed. I suggested it costs nothing to get this right but creates such a bad impression if you were e.g flying BA for the first time. It upsets me as a loyal BA customer to see this.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:51 am

Hi guys, I've just returned from my trip to the Middle East and thought I'd report back on my first class 787-9 experience.

Firstly thank you mikeyfly for confirming the best way to fly with a partner even if you prefer a window seat are the middle seats. Without a doubt we had a fabulous experience sitting together and sharing everything. There is a bit of distance between you and sometimes you have to lean forward a bit for conversation but much better than not being together at all.

Secondly we were blessed with being on a place which was only 3 weeks old!! The smell of new leather and not having any scuffs anywhere was the most pleasurable experience I've ever had, I couldn't take my eyes off everything. I'm also happy to report all the nooks and crannies and storage spaces were spotless. Time will tell how long that lasts :-)

Many thanks.

Last edited by smithgf; Jan 26, 2016 at 5:51 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.