Search

BA Holiday bonus avios

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
BA Holiday bonus avios

Hi,

How long and when should the bonus Avios from a BA Holiday booking post? Annoyingly nothing seems to reference what I should expect (I Think it was about 9000 or so) as it is not included in the booking or any information.

The holiday was completed 7 days ago, and I don't think I got the bonus Avios when I booked judging by the account statement. All avios and TP's have posted for the flight elements.

Got a redemption to book and could do with those Avios or knowing they are not far behind.

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Mine have come through a couple of months after.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Sprodo
Hi,

How long and when should the bonus Avios from a BA Holiday booking post? Annoyingly nothing seems to reference what I should expect (I Think it was about 9000 or so) as it is not included in the booking or any information.

The holiday was completed 7 days ago, and I don't think I got the bonus Avios when I booked judging by the account statement. All avios and TP's have posted for the flight elements.

Got a redemption to book and could do with those Avios or knowing they are not far behind.

Thanks
I've had anything from a week to two months later. It's not consistent. You should also find that on the original booking email the bonus avios are listed.

I did a flight+car this morning and the bonus is listed under the passenger names under the flight - looks like this:

Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
My record is almost 11 months
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
I've had between a week and 4 months. I don't know why it should be so inconsistent. I'm still waiting for the Bonus Avios from a holiday at the end of October (15).
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had to submit a missing Avios claim for some missing Avios from a holiday, they were posted about 1/2 days after I submitted the claim
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver, A Club
The website says they take up to 3 weeks to credit.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...avios/holidays

Mine though from my 15 Oct holiday didn't post until 01 Dec and that was after chasing twice for them.

My email confirmation also stated the bonus Avios I should receive. It was between the flight details and baggage allowance section.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
BA Holiday bonus avios

Received 8600 avios on c21st November for a holiday that finished 30th August ...
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Ah yes found the booking miles. Looks like I shouldn't hold my breath that they will be quick. After 3 weeks from return I'll file a missing miles report and see if that helps them along.

Thanks all
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Sprodo
Ah yes found the booking miles. Looks like I shouldn't hold my breath that they will be quick. After 3 weeks from return I'll file a missing miles report and see if that helps them along.

Thanks all
It is a common issue and it may take quite awhile. I doubt that the missing avios report will be much help. Have a look at this thread and the linked threads within:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nus-avios.html
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Read this and thought, "how nice, BA is going to give me bonus Avios during the festive season to reward my loyalty. Customer service is back!"

Oops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.