Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When did ExpertFlyer start offering BA Reward availability again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When did ExpertFlyer start offering BA Reward availability again?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Schultzois
Totally agree... even just the occasional flight alert (for those hard to find I-class or other category seats) pays for itself as soon as one of them means you've gotten a seat that you'd have not found otherwise
EF earned its way for me for a long time after finding an award seat on a direct USA-Australia for the girlfriend, to replace the round-Asia tour of awards I had cobbled together

Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Thanks for that; I looked at it beforehand of course but wanted to hear from users how much difference does it make in everyday usage. I realise that this also differs depending on each user's habits and needs.
I take the view that the cost is not high, and I can do as much as I want with it so there'll be no "you've reached your monthly usage limit, Mr Flatlander" panic while I handle some emergency rebooking crisis. I also use the alerts that are part of the Premium service - automation is what computers are for. I also use the fare information a lot (including the historic fare info).

I think the main difference for most people would be the alerts, and I find them useful. The avid TP run hunter might need the fare information.

Last edited by flatlander; Dec 22, 2015 at 10:17 am Reason: fare info
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Two features I find most useful of EF:

The flight availability, that shows available seats per bucket. Useful when I need to call our corporate TA to get a flight changed (as I end up doing too often).

The fare information, which when combined with ITA's ability to search by fare basis, can match up obscure fare/route/date combinations.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Phorbas
Two features I find most useful of EF:

The flight availability, that shows available seats per bucket. Useful when I need to call our corporate TA to get a flight changed (as I end up doing too often).

The fare information, which when combined with ITA's ability to search by fare basis, can match up obscure fare/route/date combinations.
Agreed! Some other uses cases that I use regularly:

* set alerts for seat availability. Useful if you don't get 62/64AK on a 747
* seat maps (I won't book CE for a flight without row 1 availability)
* validation of fare rules (is a fare valid on a certain day, what other fare rules are there that I might not be seeing)
* quick listing of all flight options between a pair of cities and availability in fare classes (very useful for irrops)... I showed my screen to the AA agent during a recent IRROP and she wished they had that something that clear and efficient)

The new BA award alerts will be nice in watching for CW to F upgrades! It's definitely better than checking daily, though not as nice as CX's option to wait list for an award upgrade.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you all for the input. Seems like a good deal especially since I'm currently looking for a F upgrade availability
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Can anyone tell me if you can set it to alert you as soon as there is a seat available on any flight on any given day? Or do you have to specify which flight you are looking for availability on? Thinking about high frequency routes (e.g. I really don't care if I'm on the 18:50, 19:10 or 19:20 LHR-MAD flights!)
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by BA6501
Can anyone tell me if you can set it to alert you as soon as there is a seat available on any flight on any given day? Or do you have to specify which flight you are looking for availability on? Thinking about high frequency routes (e.g. I really don't care if I'm on the 18:50, 19:10 or 19:20 LHR-MAD flights!)
I think you need to set an alert for each flight independently, certainly that's what I've done, but it's easy enough to do.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A quick note to say that this doesn't appear to work for Cityflyer flights, which return false negatives. So don't be put off by that - check on ba.com.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Does this still work? For the last couple of days I have been getting:
An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by nbevan
Does this still work? For the last couple of days I have been getting:
So have I. It was working last week so hopefully fixed soon.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TPloser
So have I. It was working last week so hopefully fixed soon.
Just checked and I’m getting the same error message
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The current message is:-
The BA Award search is temporarily unavailable. We are working with the data provider to fix the issue and expect the search to be restored this week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The current message is:-
I was wondering about this. Have only been able to see V class for the last few days.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Got an email from EF last night that it is working again, which I can confirm. Great feature.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:34 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Seems to working again.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by 355F1
Seems to working again.
Yes, what a relief! Thanks for highlighting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.