Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 Parking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Originally Posted by SoggyDollar
PurpleParking have gone into administration and as a result their services are no longer available.
That would do it! I missed that in the press.

For Meet & Greet at T5 in February half term Maple Manor are £88 vs Drivefly at £64
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, AA Gold, Accor Plat, AMEX Gold, AMEX BAPP
I used good to go meet and greet there was no dramas and 14 days cost 79 pounds....
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'm a huge fan of Goodtogo, and have just used them again.

My car didn't move outside the T5 car park, other than when it was moved up to the Meet & Greet bays in Zone L.

Excellent service, and good use of my in-car tracker!

M
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I must be missing something obvious here. But what is wrong with an Uber? I've never parked in an airport car park in my life.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
I must be missing something obvious here. But what is wrong with an Uber? I've never parked in an airport car park in my life.
Other than the ethical concern of their drivers earning criminally low rates for working, their laissez faire attitude to criminal checks and crimes committed by their drivers and the fact they have had notice their licence is being suspended by TFL, not much.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Other than the ethical concern of their drivers earning criminally low rates for working, their laissez faire attitude to criminal checks and crimes committed by their drivers and the fact they have had notice their licence is being suspended by TFL, not much.
Dont be absurd. I know Uber drivers who make a nice per hour wage, far from "criminal".
Ubers criminal checks are actually more stringent than the black taxis!
And only reason that TFL said they were revoking their licence was because of seedy back handed money from black cab unions.

Alas. That isn't for here now is it.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
When coming back from a long work trip, I want my car at the terminal waiting for me. Either via a meet and greet or just parked in a car park that's walking distance from Arrivals.

Too many hours wasted waiting for taxis, uber, shuttle busses, etc.

Life is too short for the sake of a few quid.

Using the Meet and Greet services at T5 I have never been more than ten minutes between walking out of Arrivals and being in my car, heading to the M25.

My back up is HEX and then a train back to the Midlands.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Dont be absurd. I know Uber drivers who make a nice per hour wage, far from "criminal".
Ubers criminal checks are actually more stringent than the black taxis!
And only reason that TFL said they were revoking their licence was because of seedy back handed money from black cab unions.
Well, you can believe what you like about all of that.

But what about the failure to report the data breach? And the payment of hush/ransom money to the hackers? And the withholding of evidence from the court hearing the Waymo/Uber litigation?

Back to the topic, I'm sorry to hear that Purple Parking has gone under. I used to use them a lot when I had to drive to the airport, although life changes have meant that more recently the Tube has usually been a much better option. Purple Parking meet-and-greet saved my bacon on more than one occasion when travelling to the airport, and also contributed to my record time of getting home to central London: just under one hour from "chocks under" on a SYD-LHR to my front door east of Tower Bridge, including picking up a checked bag.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Ignoring the 'political' angle above (which is off-topic for this thread), a return journey with UberX from my home in Central London to T5, is around £90.

I parked for £54 - so a pretty sizeable saving.

Added to that, is the fact that I didn't have to wait for a driver to turn up, as well as being in the comfort of my own car (which would be marketed as an Uber Exec).

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Nov 30, 2017 at 5:20 am
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Let me guess: you live in London or <20 miles from Heathrow?

A private-hire is £100 e/w for me to LHR so the attraction of parking is pretty obvious.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Ignoring the 'political' angle above (which is off-topic for this thread), a return journey with UberX from my home in Central London to T5, is around £90.

I parked for £54 - so a pretty sizeable saving.

Added to that, is the fact that I didn't have to wait for a driver to turn up, as well as being in the comfort of my own car (which would be marketed as an Uber Exec).

M
90£ for an Uber from London centre to T5??? I've never seen even close to that.

Glad to know your car is Uber Exec quality. Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:34 am

90£ for an Uber from London centre to T5??? I've never seen even close to that.

Glad to know your car is Uber Exec quality. Thanks for sharing.
£90 return journey as stated in my post - so £45 each way in UberX.

For an Uber Exec, I'd be looking at £120 return - so £60 each way.

As you can deduce, parking is a massive saving.

M
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I booked the T2/3 Business parking this weekend for £40.50. Sure I went through TCB but nothing has tracked.
About £15 more from Goodtogoparking.
Long stay was about £2 less so thought why not?

Just had an email from Avis mentioning one day rentals at £9.98 to move cars to/from London / Manchester over the Xmas period.
Sure these things normally happen but could be an option for someone especially with the amount of public transport that isn't operating.
Did have a search for the 26th but nothing came up.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I am booked into T5 Business car park very early tomorrow, HBO... Let's say I just missed the courtesy bus, could I walk from the Business Car park to the Pod park and catch a pod? I don't know if there are pavements to make this possible or any other restrictions. It's only 0.5 miles so for me that's nothing
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:37 am

You'd have to go some to miss the courtesy bus. In my experience they're always sitting there waiting for passengers and head off as soon as I climb aboard.

I don't know if you are trying to find a way to ride the pods regardless, but it wouldn't get you there any faster than 'waiting' for a bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.