Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Concorde Room shenanigans

So, I just witnessed an interesting event whilst waiting for my BP to be scanned at the CCR desk...

Firstly, I was quite surprised "the door" was not guarded when I entered, turns out the agent was inside with the list of eligible passengers checking something. Infront of me in the queue, I see a non-F silver BP, and chuckle at how fast ineligible passengers would slip through. Not surprised given the ludicrous route to the GC + GF lounges... As I get to the agent manning the computer, there are two other agents swarming the desk, making sure I have my CCR card, check its validity and cross check my name on the BP, the card and the manifest... Wondering why, I hear the agent at the computer vent her frustration to another of the agents, saying she has encountered 3-4 people with expired cards in short succession today... Again, I'm not the least surprised given the usual cursory glance at the CCR card if asked to see it... Given the relatively small amount of CCR card holders though, I'm surprised to hear this could happen so commonly...

Has anyone else experienced anything similar, I'm thinking a more thorough check of the card may be introduced in the future if this is a common problem.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The person on the podium outside the secret door just does a cursory check to whether you have an F bp or have a CCR card - i.e. they do not take your card or inspect it closely enough to check name and expiry date. I usually just flash mine at her/him and then am invited in.

Once inside the agent sat at the podium will do a proper check and scan your bp to check eligibility, and check the CCR card if necessary.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:19 am
Suspended

Do people really think that they will get in with an expired card?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:23 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Do people really think that they will get in with an expired card?
If I've learned one thing from this forum, it's that possession of a shiny card makes a lot of people think that they should get all sorts of things as a result.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC (although I might just cut up the card)
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Not surprised given the ludicrous route to the GC + GF lounges...
I do often wonder why they never just had the foyer inside that doorway and allow through traffic to the other lounges.

I guess they (rightly in my case) think we need the exercise.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Once inside the agent sat at the podium will do a proper check and scan your bp to check eligibility, and check the CCR card if necessary.
IME, even the agent at the desk inside has never more than given a glance at my card, when I was holding it in my hand, far enough for the name and expiry to be illegible for sure...

I think people getting in with an expired card is very much plausible, given that IME my status never seemingly appears on the screen, and the card has never been closely inspected until today.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by r00ty
I do often wonder why they never just had the foyer inside that doorway and allow through traffic to the other lounges.
It’s to do with the agreement with HAL I think. I’m pretty sure BA had to pay a large premium to have that door there for the CCR, as F pax avoid the shops on their way to the lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
For some reason most of the printed info on my (valid) card has rubbed off so no one could read it anyway!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They are probably flustered by having to handle a mass of both FT and real world celebrities all at once this busy Friday....
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They are probably flustered by having to handle a mass of both FT and real world celebrities all at once this busy Friday....
Which are you ?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
They are preparing for my first arrival as a non-F passenger I see, as long as the rose petals are suitably fresh and the bowing and scraping sufficiently obsequious I will be happy.

But that's enough about the other passengers using T5
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC (although I might just cut up the card)
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
It’s to do with the agreement with HAL I think. I’m pretty sure BA had to pay a large premium to have that door there for the CCR, as F pax avoid the shops on their way to the lounge.
Yeah I guessed it was that. Doesn't work with me of course, unless Ms r00ty is in tow in which case sometimes we're diverted, and I become holder of bags. Much to my annoyance, especially on early morning flights. Generally having woke up at stupid o'clock, driven to parking and hop, skipped and jumped through security. I generally just want to sit down and have my signature latte + extra espresso shot in the lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by loungesnob
Which are you ?
Both
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by r00ty
Yeah I guessed it was that. Doesn't work with me of course, unless Ms r00ty is in tow in which case sometimes we're diverted
Me too. Just like banner ads on the internet I'm blind to them.

For Mrs CG there's an analogy more akin to a moth and a candle!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by V10
If I've learned one thing from this forum, it's that possession of a shiny card makes a lot of people think that they should get all sorts of things as a result.
Just trying to get a bottle of water

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.