Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lhr t5 - police met plane 6th dec

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Lhr t5 - police met plane 6th dec

Walking in to arrivals I noticed a few police cars going through the control post to meet a plane, sirens blazing. Not sure what gate its at.

Any one have info?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
No sorry but I guess someone is going to get a shiny pair of bracelets for a early Christmas present
John
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Speeding probably.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by switch007
Walking in to arrivals I noticed a few police cars going through the control post to meet a plane
How did you know they were going to meet a plane specifically? This is a daily occurrence. If they were meeting an aircraft, it would likely have been for disruptive passengers or known criminals/suspects requiring arrest.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
How did you know they were going to meet a plane specifically? This is a daily occurrence. If they were meeting an aircraft, it would likely have been for disruptive passengers or known criminals/suspects requiring arrest.
Apart from the favoured pets of the judiciary. Then there's a full red-carpet. Sometimes a brass band.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
I wasn't entirely accurate in my original post: one or two were already next to the plane, a third I observed going through the barriers. I used my knowledge (which obviously pales in comparison to the people on this board) to guess they would be going to the same place as the others.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: EY - Gold, BA - Gold
It was a Lufthansa flight met by police, fire and ambulance. There was a huge audience as there was only one runaway in operation and a several planes backed up and looking on. No idea what it was about!
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
It is rare for LHR police to use sirens etc to meet a plane as there is usually plenty of notice of the incident.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Perhaps another misguided soul under the impression that the way to Allah is via a Lufthansa cockpit door? See http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...ane-cabin-door for details of another incident involving Lufthansa if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Elevate
Perhaps another misguided soul under the impression that the way to Allah is via a Lufthansa cockpit door? See http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...ane-cabin-door for details of another incident involving Lufthansa if you don't know what I'm talking about.
I'm sure he has a very vibrant character.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.