Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners!! (part 2)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

So, I now have sympathy with fellow Flyertalker, Petrus, who recently highlighted a problem he had getting into Galleries First in T5, because some woman was trying to blag her way in and held everyone else up before being turned away. He got a pretty tough time for his post and I have to admit that, at the time, I was a little surprised by the language he used, but, having experienced a similar situation tonight, I now find myself fully understanding his frustrations. I was trying to get into the Concorde Room, having come through South Security. There was a rude Scottish cow in front of me, trying to blag her way in and she simply would not take no for an answer! I was kept waiting for almost five minutes before she finally gave up, shouting and swearing about how she knew people, how she should be allowed into the Concorde Room and that she would not let this rest! Eventually, when she walked away, I showed my boarding pass and my CCR card and was let in. I expressed my sympathy to the lounge angel about how she was treated and said how shocked I was that a fellow Scot could be so rude! I thought that was the end of it, but no...

Fast forward five minutes and, as I was chatting to the lounge manager near the other entrance, up comes that crazy animal again, trying her luck with the other lounge angel. Again, she was refused and started getting really irate. Now, some of you may think this is wrong, but I was quite intrigued as to why she was so keen to get in, so I did the unthinkable and guested her. What a mistake! I make no apologies for using these words again, but the silly Scottish cow came storming in, went straight up to the bar and demanded champagne! Having downed three glasses in quick succession, she then called for the bottle, which she quickly finished off, before moving onto a glass of JW Blue! Somewhat in shock, I apologised to the bar staff and made myself scarce. While I appreciate this is probably against Flyertalk policy, and while I know it caused some controversy last time, I managed to sneak some photos, which I will upload shortly. Right now, though, luckily, have to dash to catch my flight....
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
So, I now have sympathy with fellow Flyertalker, Petrus, who recently highlighted a problem he had getting into Galleries First in T5, because some woman was trying to blag her way in and held everyone else up before being turned away. He got a pretty tough time for his post and I have to admit that, at the time, I was a little surprised by the language he used, but, having experienced a similar situation tonight, I now find myself fully understanding his frustrations. I was trying to get into the Concorde Room, having come through South Security. There was a rude Scottish cow in front of me, trying to blag her way in and she simply would not take no for an answer! I was kept waiting for almost five minutes before she finally gave up, shouting and swearing about how she knew people, how she should be allowed into the Concorde Room and that she would not let this rest! Eventually, when she walked away, I showed my boarding pass and my CCR card and was let in. I expressed my sympathy to the lounge angel about how she was treated and said how shocked I was that a fellow Scot could be so rude! I thought that was the end of it, but no...

Fast forward five minutes and, as I was chatting to the lounge manager near the other entrance, up comes that crazy animal again, trying her luck with the other lounge angel. Again, she was refused and started getting really irate. Now, some of you may think this is wrong, but I was quite intrigued as to why she was so keen to get in, so I did the unthinkable and guested her. What a mistake! I make no apologies for using these words again, but the silly Scottish cow came storming in, went straight up to the bar and demanded champagne! Having downed three glasses in quick succession, she then called for the bottle, which she quickly finished off, before moving onto a glass of JW Blue! Somewhat in shock, I apologised to the bar staff and made myself scarce. While I appreciate this is probably against Flyertalk policy, and while I know it caused some controversy last time, I managed to sneak some photos, which I will upload shortly. Right now, though, luckily, have to dash to catch my flight....
Oh my goodness, I cannot WAIT to hear more about this

As I read through your account, I was expecting it to go... "...so I did the unthinkable and told her to *&!@!! off" What on earth were you thinking to guest her in ?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:30 pm

I'm not too concerned about her above normal but still pretty standard DYIWIA behaviour but the fact that you guested her in after her behaviour is what is worrying about the thread.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:32 pm

So is no one else thinking that this is a long set up for a possibly bad joke?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Filthy likes crazy people! ;-)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
*grabs popcorn*
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

What an outrageous way to behave - some people have no sense of decorum or self awareness. Totally understandable you taking pity on a distressed individual trusting that she’d calm down after being admitted since people can act oddly when they find themselves outside of their comfort zone.

While us mods are expected to post to a higher set of standards than regular members, you are at liberty of post a candid account of your experience today.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Perhaps she had a problem with alcohol addiction which could explain her by the sounds of it erratic behavior (and the stated quantity of Alcohol consumed).

Did you find out what her claim was to CCR access?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
What happened to Part 1 ? Was it not to be kept for posterity ?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Talk about leaving us hanging in suspense! I hope it's just a SH flight.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:53 pm

Horrible behaviour and I'm sorry to see her poor attitude rewarded by being guested in.

I don't think pictures are ever appropriate on threads like this. Just because she had no manners, doesn't mean that you have to abandon yours.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I shall wait until the morning to discover that this is an AWFUL Filthy Monkey joke, designed to generate chat!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
You did what, FM...??!! Did you ever find out why she thought she should have been allowed in?

One of the things I didn't like about the previous 'no manners' thread is that there are always at least 2 angels on the door of GF so really you can walk around anyone having an issue, but obviously the only solution for this in the CCR involves a lot of walking to get in via the other side.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:10 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I bet she had a frankly ridiculous quantity of hand luggage, too.

Naturally we can also predict that all that clobber will have been stowed above row 1 whilst the bovine caledonian owner flounced off to the rear of the plane.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
I have long held the belief there should be a separate Crankie Lounge; Irn Bru, Dewars and a buffet of fried Mars bars

I wonder, has precedent been set for having one's CCR card rescinded..?

I'm just wondering and hoping for a delicious twist and find Filthy Monkey's next post is to tell us he was sat next to his guest on board !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.