Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the LHR T5 lounge refit?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The shower I used in GF a few days ago seemed to have a new, and not-sagging-alarmingly, floor in the shower stall. Have the worn, leaking, sagging, serious-structural-problems-imminent-feeling stalls been repaired already, or did I get one of the less knackered ones? I don't keep notes on which shower stall I use each time I go, but I remember an alarmingly flexible floor in one near where I was this time.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The refectory had new coffee bar style tables and stools installed when I passed through on Wednesday - in the area next to the main servery. IIRC, this screened off bay was previously fitted out with chaise sofas and coffee tables. It has upped the seating capacity and is also less inviting to those that dwell so overall a positive change I think.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The new carpet is now all done in First Lounge, and here are some photos of the new furniture. It does look somewhat smarter now, though I suspect some regulars may struggle to point out why, it's not a full makeover by any means.

Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Nice to know that there is new furniture and that it doesn't follow the sibling-hand-me-down route where GC would get GF's old stuff who in turn would get their "new" things from the CCR!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
In GF now and not a fan of the seating in the area on CWS 1st photo - the area where they recently had the vodka, to the right as you walk in the lounge.

There's less seating, and those high backed sofas just don't sit right with me. Thankfully it appears that the lounge management feel the same and further change will be afoot. It just doesn't look right and has actually reduced seating in the area by a huge percentage. yiu had approximately 12-15 tables with 3/4 chairs around each previously. Now you've got 5 or 6 spaces to sit of which the usual bags, coats and laptops take up the remained of that 'booth'. Don't like it.

The window area also looks very strange now.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by Hobbes01
Nice to know that there is new furniture and that it doesn't follow the sibling-hand-me-down route where GC would get GF's old stuff who in turn would get their "new" things from the CCR!
Give it some time and the ex LHR furniture will be used in the new LGW lounge
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: BA, AA, FB
What an excellent idea!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Does that woman off the A380 on that Very British Airline programme get on her hands and knees and inspect the lounges after every new piece is installed?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
In GF at the moment. I noticed the new furniture almost straightaway, but I'm a weird observant person in that way.

I think the new furniture is something of an improvement - it certainly looks smarter and more professional - the older stuff was looking rather tired. A few tweaks to this setup and it should work, as folk have suggested.

Seems to be quite a few "brass" wandering around talking to the staff and taking on their feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.