Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL benefits timing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Yes, but if you're gifting them a status there would need to be a TP year to allocate the card to. Therefore I'd imagine the TP year would begin as soon as you issue the status.
To clarify this hasn't happened - thinking of doing this next year if I get GGL

Originally Posted by gcuk
Specific data point:
Family member joined BAEC 28 March 2017.
I gifted them a partner card the same day.
Per BA.com, their membership year ends 8 April 2018 and card expires May 2019 so they have received the benefit for the remainder of their current year plus the next year.
Hope that helps.
Thanks that is very helpful! Did your family member take / credit any flights to BAEC in the meantime?
But looks like i should just get them to join the day I want to give them status. Very helpful indeed thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gcuk
Specific data point:
Family member joined BAEC 28 March 2017.
I gifted them a partner card the same day.
Per BA.com, their membership year ends 8 April 2018 and card expires May 2019 so they have received the benefit for the remainder of their current year plus the next year.
Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by ermen
Thanks that is very helpful! Did your family member take / credit any flights to BAEC in the meantime?
No, there were no transactions between opening that account and me gifting the partner card status (it was all done within 10 minutes) so as Wozza2404 suggested above, gifting the partner card sets the TP year end for a new account.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Have another question

Someone takes their first flight 1 Jan 2018 - TP year should crystalise as 8 Feb 2019

And I give them Partner Gold on 9 Feb 2018 - does it mean they retain the card until 8 March 2020 (slightly over 2 years to card expiry?)
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by ermen
Have another question

Someone takes their first flight 1 Jan 2018 - TP year should crystalise as 8 Feb 2019

And I give them Partner Gold on 9 Feb 2018 - does it mean they retain the card until 8 March 2020 (slightly over 2 years to card expiry?)
31st March 2020. Cards expire at the end of the month following your TP year date.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Jokers about to expire....?

Hi,

I have mailed BA to confirm this, but hope the pool of wisdom here can confirm....

- My membership year ends 8th November.
- I qualified for GGL (5000 TP) in August 2016, taking me through to December 2017.
- I used my 2 Jokers in September 2016.
- Last weekend I passed 3000 TP's and now see 'Gold Guest List Redemption' in my Executive Club account

I'm slightly confused. Now I have 'requalified' do I now have to 'use' these redemptions by end of 8th November, 2017 (tomorrow!) or will they be available in my new membership year?

My confusion is - if I've hit 5000 TP's and then 3000 TP's I think I should have 2 x 2 sets of Jokers. It would seem odd that I would lose the second set of Jokers when rolling into the new year, especially as it only gives me a few days to use them.

Thanks,

David.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You would have received two jokers in August 2016, which would have been replaced with two jokers in November 2016, whether you used them or not. You will then receive two more jokers when your membership renewals in November 2018. If you haven't used the current year's jokers, you will lose them.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
You would have received two jokers in August 2016, which would have been replaced with two jokers in November 2016, whether you used them or not. You will then receive two more jokers when your membership renewals in November 2018. If you haven't used the current year's jokers, you will lose them.
Thanks for the reply. So from the above I get:

August 2016: Two Jokers
November 2016: Two Jokers
November 2018: Two Jokers

Why don't I get two jokers in November 2017? Means I have to wait another year, and may not qualify for GGL in my Nov 17-Nov 18 year.

Should I ignore the messages in the Exec Club page, as they relate to the 'next' membership year?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Hi,

I have mailed BA to confirm this, but hope the pool of wisdom here can confirm....

- My membership year ends 8th November.
- I qualified for GGL (5000 TP) in August 2016, taking me through to December 2017.
- I used my 2 Jokers in September 2016.
- Last weekend I passed 3000 TP's and now see 'Gold Guest List Redemption' in my Executive Club account

I'm slightly confused. Now I have 'requalified' do I now have to 'use' these redemptions by end of 8th November, 2017 (tomorrow!) or will they be available in my new membership year?

My confusion is - if I've hit 5000 TP's and then 3000 TP's I think I should have 2 x 2 sets of Jokers. It would seem odd that I would lose the second set of Jokers when rolling into the new year, especially as it only gives me a few days to use them.

Thanks,

David.
I've had a mail back from the Guest List team, and I understand how this works...

"Dear Mr Doyle,

You are correct, you achieved Gold Guest List on 17th August 2016 (part way through your membership year) and therefore your received your 2 "Jokers" to use during this 15 month initial period. You have used both of these benefits .

As you have re qualified for the Gold Guest List again for the period November 2017 through to November 2018 you will receive two new "Jokers" on the 9th November 2017, you do not have any left which need to be used on the final day of your initial year.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Kind regards

Lovely GGL Lady
"

So this is all fine and makes sense.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Tried to find an answer to this but failed miserably so have to ask.

Both Me and the Mrs. will hit 5k TP well before our year ends (8th of Jan 2018 for both of us).

I have been wondering if we are able to gift the Gold status's to each other and thus guaranteeing Gold through 2020? In my thinking we will enjoy Gold/GGL for the whole year of 2018 and when our TP year ends on 8th of Jan 2019 we would just gift each other those Gold cards and enjoy Gold status until the end of 2020.

I'm doubting my thinking about if it really would work that way.
I can see one response to this from GCUK who thought you cannot gift a gold card to a GCH. I would like to do this so that the recipient does not have to do the 4 BA metal flights (I know it is not only BA metal). Any insights please?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
So, I have just qualified for GGL and, thanks to this thread, fully understand how to gift status.
But, for the life of me, I cannot find the contact details for the GGL team.
I am sure taht they will appear on the back of my card when it arrives and/or in a covering letter but I actually need to call them sooner than this is likely to happen.
Can anyone give me a hint where to look?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by SurreyTig
So, I have just qualified for GGL and, thanks to this thread, fully understand how to gift status.
But, for the life of me, I cannot find the contact details for the GGL team.
I am sure taht they will appear on the back of my card when it arrives and/or in a covering letter but I actually need to call them sooner than this is likely to happen.
Can anyone give me a hint where to look?
If you log into Executive Club from the BA Home Page, then hover over 'Executive Club' you will see an option for 'Contact Us' under 'How It Works'. Click on that.

The number on there is the same as on the GGL card.
SurreyTig likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I've had a mail back from the Guest List team, and I understand how this works...

"Dear Mr Doyle,

You are correct, you achieved Gold Guest List on 17th August 2016 (part way through your membership year) and therefore your received your 2 "Jokers" to use during this 15 month initial period. You have used both of these benefits .

As you have re qualified for the Gold Guest List again for the period November 2017 through to November 2018 you will receive two new "Jokers" on the 9th November 2017, you do not have any left which need to be used on the final day of your initial year.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Kind regards

Lovely GGL Lady
"

So this is all fine and makes sense.
Unless things have changed very recently, the info you've been given by the GGL line here is wrong. I think Filthy Monkey's interpretation above is exactly right. Namely, if you used 2 jokers upon first qualification to GGL (and before your membership year reset last November), you should have another 2 jokers to use between then (i.e. Nov 9th 2016) and Nov 8th 2017. If you've requalified for GGL in this period, you'll receive 2 new ones tomorrow (and the unused ones from this membership year will disappear). So, I'd be calling up the GGL line one more time before midnight in order to try to use both jokers! You will still get two more tomorrow, once your membership year has reset.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Unless things have changed very recently, the info you've been given by the GGL line here is wrong. I think Filthy Monkey's interpretation above is exactly right. Namely, if you used 2 jokers upon first qualification to GGL (and before your membership year reset last November), you should have another 2 jokers to use between then (i.e. Nov 9th 2016) and Nov 8th 2017. If you've requalified for GGL in this period, you'll receive 2 new ones tomorrow (and the unused ones from this membership year will disappear). So, I'd be calling up the GGL line one more time before midnight in order to try to use both jokers! You will still get two more tomorrow, once your membership year has reset.
Hmmmm! I may do that..... however when I read the response it does make sense to me : When I qualified I had the remainder of my year PLUS the following year as a GGL, however that means you should just get 1 x set of Jokers, since you've only 'qualified' once. It would seem odd to me that everyone that qualifies for GGL then gets 2 x sets of jokers - one set for the remainder of the year they are in, plus the following membership year.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Hmmmm! I may do that..... however when I read the response it does make sense to me : When I qualified I had the remainder of my year PLUS the following year as a GGL, however that means you should just get 1 x set of Jokers, since you've only 'qualified' once. It would seem odd to me that everyone that qualifies for GGL then gets 2 x sets of jokers - one set for the remainder of the year they are in, plus the following membership year.
I know where you're coming from, and the approach described in your email from the GGL line applies in relation to the award of partner cards, certainly. However, I was pretty certain that BA were more generous with awarding jokers to new GGL members, and then again when their first full year of GGL began, meaning that you could potentially get 4 jokers in close proximity. My membership year reset in February, and I've already used 3 jokers since I first qualified for GGL just over a year ago - so if things have changed then they've changed recently.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL

The number on there is the same as on the GGL card.
Ah! Many thanks - I had assumed that was the "normal" number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.